Organize CC Meeting- I Need Help

ONLY-NCL

OK, I had a weak moment and volunteered to organize our CC meeting, (stillfloatin & Stevie17....I know your reading this! Seriously, I don't mind doing it at all). We're sailing on the Jewel March 5th, and I know I need to call Passanger courtesy at 866-625-1159 to set this up, but I am wondering if anyone has a contact name or an email address that would help cut down on the blah! blah! blah! as we are sailing in 12 days, and I really don't want to be passed from one customer service rep to another.

Also, if anyone has organized one of the meetings before, please give me some tips on what to do at the meeting itself. I know that sometimes there are snacks and juice or coffee, and that on occasion some crew members may come and introduce themselves to the roll call members.

IDEAS PLEASE

Does NCL ever throw a Cruise critic party??

from

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=297216

Hello derf5585, I read the Does NCL ever throw a Cruise critic party before I posted this thread. I even checked out your pictures (really nice by the way). Thats how I found out that I had to call Customer Courtesy at NCL. Thank You!

I also found out that a lot.....I mean a lot of people are very concerned what the get together is called, and why NCL don't host their own Cruise Critic meeting, very interesting info. exchanged. Personally I don't care what they call it, so I don't want to start a repeat of that thread.I'm more interested in finding out what you did at your get together, Did people just come in and sit down and wait for something to happen, or did you have to start the ball rolling?:)

I recently organized two CC meetings on the Jewel. Both times NCL had refreshments for us. Coffee, juice and muffins.

I contacted Mayra Materio at NCL passenger courtesy for the Jewel. Her email is mmateiro@ncl.com She replied quite quickly to my email.

Hope that helps !!

Marilyn

Thanks for the great info....Lucky You 2 times on the Jewel in 3 months. What did you do at your meetings, I'm sure my fun won't be over as soon as I set the meeting up with NCL.

Did people just come in and sit down and wait for something to happen, or did you have to start the ball rolling?:)

We all introduced ourselves. Derfette and I handed out badges. Some officers were also there. Just met and mingled.

But it really didn't happen (tongue in cheek)

Only Ncl

You can do it:) email the contact and they will probably email back and say you can meet in the (blank )from 1030 am to 1130am. You email them back with how many will attend sometimes you have a good group some times just a few but everyone will thank you for getting the group together :) Dawn1/25 /04 we had about 12 ccs and 8 of the 12 are taking our 3RD Dawn cruise together and we met for the first time at the CC meet and Greet 1/26/04 ....just shows you that a little effort can go a long way

We had never done a meet and greet (then again, I hadn't found this board) until Dianne Bennett orgainized one on the Pacific Coastal last September. I have stayed in contact with Dianne since the cruise. Hopefully one day we will cruise together again. She's going to one end of the world and I to another!

Meet and greets are very nice, expecially if your group has chatted a lot prior to the cruise. We had the CD and F&B staff there. It was very nice. We did a gift exchange and that was nice too.

Only Ncl

Dawn1/25 /04 we had about 12 ccs and 8 of the 12 are taking our 3RD Dawn cruise together and we met for the first time at the CC meet and Greet 1/26/04 ....just shows you that a little effort can go a long way

Thats fantastic....the fact that you met fellow Cruise Critics, and are now on your 3rd cruise together. I hope I am as fortunate.

Only-NCL - this is a pretty big undertaking, and I truly appreciate your efforts. You will be rewarded onboard with a couple cocktails of your choosing on me!! Thanks again...and if it just gets to be too much, we can always simply meet at the Sky High bar at sail away. The last thing that you want is to be stressed out before or during your cruise! :)

Only-NCL - this is a pretty big undertaking, and I truly appreciate your efforts. You will be rewarded onboard with a couple cocktails of your choosing on me!! Thanks again...and if it just gets to be too much, we can always simply meet at the Sky High bar at sail away. The last thing that you want is to be stressed out before or during your cruise! :)

Cocktails ease the stress!! Things are moving along NCL have already been in touch. I will post more info. on our CC meeting on our roll call. No Stress Here.....Let me see....between December and now, not only did I survive the stress of Christmas, but our oldest son got married on the 21st January....230 guests at the wedding. (lots of cocktails that night!)

I love my life.

Thanks everyone for your help...I'm still looking for ideas on how to keep the meeting going.

Cocktails ease the stress!! Things are moving along NCL have already been in touch. I will post more info. on our CC meeting on our roll call. No Stress Here.....Let me see....between December and now, not only did I survive the stress of Christmas, but our oldest son got married on the 21st January....230 guests at the wedding. (lots of cocktails that night!)

I love my life.

Thanks everyone for your help...I'm still looking for ideas on how to keep the meeting going.

Here's a few suggestions:

Take away the word "meeting" and replace it with Social Gathering. At ours, people just came in and introduced themselves and everyone became more acquainted than from just meeting online here. It was very informal and everybody just talked and mingled. Some Officers arrived soon after the gathering started, and we enjoyed hearing from them the history of the ship (Spirit), the future plans for the ship etc. They also welcomed questions. Then, they stayed a bit longer for mingling amongst us.

There was a confirmation letter in our room when we first boarded asking me to call and confirm the gathering with someone who worked on the ship.

That's it. Lots of fun and information!

I love my life.

Well, after the last 2 months you've had, this should be a cake-walk, stress-wise. :D Seriously, we really appreciate you taking this project on. And I agree, extra cocktails for you! I'll be happy to buy the first round. See ya soon!

Here's a few suggestions:

Take away the word "meeting" and replace it with Social Gathering. At ours, people just came in and introduced themselves and everyone became more acquainted than from just meeting online here. It was very informal and everybody just talked and mingled. Some Officers arrived soon after the gathering started, and we enjoyed hearing from them the history of the ship (Spirit), the future plans for the ship etc. They also welcomed questions. Then, they stayed a bit longer for mingling amongst us.

There was a confirmation letter in our room when we first boarded asking me to call and confirm the gathering with someone who worked on the ship.

That's it. Lots of fun and information!

Well...it's confimed we have a time and place, for our social gathering (I like that).

The NCL rep. was a pleasure to deal with. Once again I would like to thank everyone who responded to my call for help.

If the ship doesn't have a cruise critic party and you want your own tell everyone where to meet and what time. Put a sign on one of the tables. Sit down with drink in hand and smile at everyone you see. Works every time. We have had the ships photographer

come and take a group picture. Have had our group sit together in the dinning room. Have had 3 big tables grouped together.

Meet for trivia...form a team. Have a place to meet at night. Piano bar.......disco.....card room.

Hope this helps.

Carol

Hi ONLY,

Lucky you getting on the Jewel. I just got off after 2 wks onboard and it was wonderful. I organized both CC "get togethers" and things went very smoothly.

The Grp Svcs Coordinator will send you a letter and ask you just to confirm back on embarkation day. It also says that you should advise your group that no signs are allowed on the doors.

Depending on what ship, NCL is known to offer something to drink and a snack and graciously sends some of the officers to meet the CC'ers. The Jewel staff is just exceptional that way and was available to help everyone all week.

Note that we had a room change just before our CC gathering was to take place. The CD announced it on the PA! I also had DH go stand at the original location and reroute everyone to the right place. Generally that doesn't happen.

Everyone enjoyed chatting and saying hello. Someone did nametags which helped out a lot.

We arranged for a CC grp dinner as well and enjoyed a nice time in Mama's and Tango's.

At one of the gatherings, folks brought pix of their families and pets, as we had been chatting about them and felt a real affinity.:) It was fun to run into each other around the ship, share an excursion, have a meal, etc.

Have fun!

Hi ONLY' date='

Lucky you getting on the Jewel. I just got off after 2 wks onboard and it was wonderful. I organized both CC "get togethers" and things went very smoothly.

The Grp Svcs Coordinator will send you a letter and ask you just to confirm back on embarkation day. It also says that you should advise your group that no signs are allowed on the doors.

Depending on what ship, NCL is known to offer something to drink and a snack and graciously sends some of the officers to meet the CC'ers. The Jewel staff is just exceptional that way and was available to help everyone all week.

Note that we had a room change just before our CC gathering was to take place. The CD announced it on the PA! I also had DH go stand at the original location and reroute everyone to the right place. Generally that doesn't happen.

Everyone enjoyed chatting and saying hello. Someone did nametags which helped out a lot.

We arranged for a CC grp dinner as well and enjoyed a nice time in Mama's and Tango's.

At one of the gatherings, folks brought pix of their families and pets, as we had been chatting about them and felt a real affinity.:) It was fun to run into each other around the ship, share an excursion, have a meal, etc.

Have fun![/quote']

Hello Snorklinbarb:

Thanks for the info, I also read your roll call......seems like you guys really got to know each other before sailing. Can't wait to sail on the Jewel.

Hi ONLY' date='

Have fun![/quote']

I thought about making up name tags too. I'm curious....did they happen to mention it in the Daily. (or is that asking too much)

Archived