No moves to cruises after Nov 4 2022

Markanddonna

I've been attempting to move our cruise in mid January 2022 to one in January 2023. I was told "the system won't allow us but the glitch should be fixed by this Friday (today). Now, after speaking to an MSC agent today, I am convinced there is no glitch at all but their unofficial policy to force us into cruises we really don't want. I only want to go to Florida when it is cold up here in the north.  Not interested in the spring, summer, or hurricane season when I can experience nice weather up here. You can book a new cruise for Jan 23, but not move to it under their policy. 

28 minutes ago, cruiser82 said:

Now they’re saying the phone number is out of service?!

Update: I was able to get in touch with them using the phone number in the text they sent me. Moved our cruise to a random cruise as a placeholder, told to call back in two weeks to move it to the cruise I actually want because the issue will definitely be fixed by then…

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, cruiser82 said:

Update: I was able to get in touch with them using the phone number in the text they sent me. Moved our cruise to a random cruise as a placeholder, told to call back in two weeks to move it to the cruise I actually want because the issue will definitely be fixed by then…

I have a list of MSC phone numbers as they change them daily. I also moved mine to one in Europe in Sept. Let me know how it goes. The agent I spoke with together gave me the impression that it would be MONTHS before we could book. I mentioned that I could book a brand new 2023 sailing right now and she said "it may not stick."  I have spent scores of hours trying to research, call, make changes to my insurance, flights, hotels, etc. 

For those souls braver than me, I just read this from someone who is presently on the ship I was supposed to depart from on Sunday:

Well, everyone wonders what happens in Covid-19 situations. We boarded on Sunday 1/9 and went to dinner. They put us with someone else at dinner. A table for six. They were found positive Thursday. At dinner last night we were removed from the dining room. Taken to medical and tested. Negative 👍. We had to pack up and moved to another room. We are here till at least Sunday. No other details yet.

Moral of the story: things can happen.

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

I have a list of MSC phone numbers as they change them daily. I also moved mine to one in Europe in Sept. Let me know how it goes. The agent I spoke with together gave me the impression that it would be MONTHS before we could book. I mentioned that I could book a brand new 2023 sailing right now and she said "it may not stick."  I have spent scores of hours trying to research, call, make changes to my insurance, flights, hotels, etc. 

For those souls braver than me, I just read this from someone who is presently on the ship I was supposed to depart from on Sunday:

Well, everyone wonders what happens in Covid-19 situations. We boarded on Sunday 1/9 and went to dinner. They put us with someone else at dinner. A table for six. They were found positive Thursday. At dinner last night we were removed from the dining room. Taken to medical and tested. Negative 👍. We had to pack up and moved to another room. We are here till at least Sunday. No other details yet.

Moral of the story: things can happen.

I'll definitely keep posting updates, and I appreciate all the updates you've posted as well. 

I don't understand why people would be seated with strangers at dinner? I assume there are plenty of tables available due to the low passenger numbers. Doesn't seem like a smart decision by MSC, but then again not many of their decisions seem smart to me.

We didn’t call today. Just wanted to give ourselves a break.

Wow this is all like a bad dream. Why would you advertise on your site to book 2022 and 2023 sailings but not let the cruisers book. Not ready. Yeah right. Total Scam. 
Yes they want you to use the cruises during hurricane season. We live in Florida and won’t be here if a hurricane comes. If anyone sails with this cruise line they are crazy. I don’t care how cheap their cruises are. 
They have did so many unethical things it’s amazing. 

I had same problem this morning want to move a cruise from Sept to March. They said call back there is glitch in their system. You can book 2023 cruises out right but you can't move one. I'll give them a week and try again. if not fixed I'll just cancel original and book March. Little weary of dealing with MSC. 😔 

39 minutes ago, kidless said:

I had same problem this morning want to move a cruise from Sept to March. They said call back there is glitch in their system. You can book 2023 cruises out right but you can't move one. I'll give them a week and try again. if not fixed I'll just cancel original and book March. Little weary of dealing with MSC. 😔 

A lot weary of dealing with MSC. 

• Like 1

You cn't talk yo MSC. They want to do what they want, and don't have to appease their stock holders because there aren't any. I've come very close to cancelling our Seashore in May, but my wife won't let me. We both love MSC on board, but I don't think their service makes up for it.

• Like 1

Norwegian and Royal keep cancelling cruises because of Covid yet I haven’t seen a report of how many cases they have onboard. One would be led to believe it’s a lot if they feel the need to cancel. 

Not sure how MSC and others that are sailing with so few pax can justify it at this point. They can’t possibly be making any $$ on these sailings and the risk to their reputation could cost them even more in the long run. 

What a strange time we’re living in. 

DH and I boarded a fairly full flight home to RI from Tampa yesterday and I couldn’t help thinking how thousands of us at TPA at the same time getting into all of the different small spaces sitting very close to each other for a few hours or more and yet many of us did not have to show a negative test or have a temp check unless we were returning internationally. 

But the CDC always spotlights the handful of Covid cases on the “petri dish” cruise ships. 
I guess Covid doesn’t exist on airplanes. 

Nothing involving Covid makes sense to me at this point. It never did really but now it really doesn’t make sense. 

• Like 4

I can tell after this fiasco with MSC I won’t deal with this cruise line again. Still don’t know what we will do. I want to book out into 2023 which will be the best for us.

Still no return call from a supervisor. Been 4 days.

I guess I would have been shocked if we did get a call. we were going to call this weekend  but that would guarantee no supervisor. Monday morning it is.

6 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I can tell after this fiasco with MSC I won’t deal with this cruise line again. Still don’t know what we will do. I want to book out into 2023 which will be the best for us.

Still no return call from a supervisor. Been 4 days.

I guess I would have been shocked if we did get a call. we were going to call this weekend  but that would guarantee no supervisor. Monday morning it is.

Please post if you are successful in moving to 2023.

19 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Please post if you are successful in moving to 2023.

I couldn’t even move to October….I asked the rep what’s the cutoff date to move existing cruises and he said “end of March” of 2022 so far until “they release more dates”…

anyone have any success moving past March?

1 hour ago, FrostyJoe said:

I couldn’t even move to October….I asked the rep what’s the cutoff date to move existing cruises and he said “end of March” of 2022 so far until “they release more dates”…

anyone have any success moving past March?

Do you mean a Caribbean cruise? I was moved to a European cruise that I hope will be a place holder. I have another seven day cruise to move.

16 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

Do you mean a Caribbean cruise? I was moved to a European cruise that I hope will be a place holder. I have another seven day cruise to move.

Yes. Bahama out of port canaveral. Sounds like they’re purposely blocking out further dates for moving….  especially if they’re allowing new bookings further out 

1 minute ago, deliver42 said:

Anybody looking for a return call from a supervisor, forget it. That would mean customer service, which MSC has none of except on a ship.

Sad. It would’ve been MUCH better if MSC just was open about it. “Move cruise before 48 hours. Must cruise before ::insert date:::” vs this bologna…

is this a yearly thing about “inventory”? Or Covid thing?  Technically customer service on the phone is right. MSC HQ probably didn’t “release” the inventory for existing customers….

Really sad…they really needs to be more transparent. So should I expect not to be able to change March date to October or November ever? Sad part is the change is so we can get a bigger room that’s not available on March sailing….

I guess they don’t care about their customers…