Adding someone to a solo booking

Luckysll

I'm booked on the Mardi Gras as a solo and my daughter may be able to join me.  First time since she was about 13 that we've traveled together, and she and my son-in-law just became empty nesters, so that tells you how long it's been. 😁

This may be a simple answer, but since I have always cruised solo, never added to removed someone from a booking, I just want to know what's involved.

I realize there will be added port fees and taxes, as well as the gratuities.  Is there anything else I need to be aware of?  She hasn't confirmed she will be coming, I just want to be prepared.

Thanks for responses.

One of the things to be aware of if the cruise is coming up soon (I doubt this is an issue now with covid, but just good to know in general). In addition to room occupany limits there are also muster station occupancy limits. So, if they had 100 rooms assigned to a muster station that varied between 2-4 person occupancy; they may have 300 life boat seats assigned to that muster station. So it can and does happen that enough of those 100 rooms have 4 people booked that they can't add another person into a 2 person cabin. Even though the cabin and the sailing has occupancy, they can't add anyone else to that set of rooms. 

6 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

One of the things to be aware of if the cruise is coming up soon (I doubt this is an issue now with covid, but just good to know in general). In addition to room occupany limits there are also muster station occupancy limits. So, if they had 100 rooms assigned to a muster station that varied between 2-4 person occupancy; they may have 300 life boat seats assigned to that muster station. So it can and does happen that enough of those 100 rooms have 4 people booked that they can't add another person into a 2 person cabin. Even though the cabin and the sailing has occupancy, they can't add anyone else to that set of rooms. 

The cruise isn't until later this year, so hopefully that won't be a problem, but thank you for the info.

The rates might be adjusted.. Best bet would be to call and talk to your PVP, or call carnival.  If you booked at a low solo rate, then added a second person, the second person rate might be more that what you originally paid.

6 minutes ago, crdtrnr said:

The rates might be adjusted.. Best bet would be to call and talk to your PVP, or call carnival.  If you booked at a low solo rate, then added a second person, the second person rate might be more that what you originally paid.

Thanks.  After my original booking, I found a much lower rate and changed to that.  I’ll give Carnival a call.  Good thing the cruise is a long way off, I may be on hold that long, lol.

You have already paid for two.  Adding another person costs only the fees and taxes.  I did it years ago when my sister was added.  16 day TA on Dream, 2009.  Cost me about $24.  She still hasn’t paid me back.  EM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1