BLUE LAGOON

geenafeena

Having done the Blue Lagoon Island tour with the swim with the dolphins a few years ago, was wondering this time around if we could simply go to Blue Lagoon Island itself on our own for just the beach and exploring, we really enjoyed that last time.  I hate to pay the $79 for RC excursion.  Hmmm...now that I think about it I think we took a boat there.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have a trip that says beach and lunch, is the island set up in a way that you can still go to shops and experience more than just the beach?  Seems like the excursions that mention the Bahamian village, tower and other things are a lot more money than just the beach and lunch.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:53 PM, geenafeena said:

Having done the Blue Lagoon Island tour with the swim with the dolphins a few years ago, was wondering this time around if we could simply go to Blue Lagoon Island itself on our own for just the beach and exploring, we really enjoyed that last time.  I hate to pay the $79 for RC excursion.  Hmmm...now that I think about it I think we took a boat there.

Thank you.

I have been booking the Stingray Excursion. It used to cost $59 and does not include lunch. The included lunch is not worth it.You can do the Stingrays or skip that and go direct to the beach. Then buy food and drinks ala carte.

If you go on your own and not thru the cruise line you have to take a taxi to Paradise Island to their dock. Not really worth doing on your own as you have to pay for the taxi. We did it once on our because it was an on the fly last minute decision after we docked in Nassau. After that we always booked thru the cruise line.

My DH thought Blue Lagoon sounded like fun but I'm not sure.  Reading reports of rocky beaches, hit and miss service, long travel time to get there for a short time on the beach...please give me your input so I can make an educated decision.  TIA!

34 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My DH thought Blue Lagoon sounded like fun but I'm not sure.  Reading reports of rocky beaches, hit and miss service, long travel time to get there for a short time on the beach...please give me your input so I can make an educated decision.  TIA!

The beaches on the inside of the lagoon are not what I would call too rocky. The beach it self is sandy and beautiful. I think I may have worn water shoes in the water. Primarily I lounge on the beach in the sun.  Nassau is not one of my favorite ports and after many times and trying different things there, literaly everything, Atlantis, Pearl island, snorkeling  etc. etc. I have settled on Blue Lagoon over just staying onboard. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The beaches on the inside of the lagoon are not what I would call too rocky. The beach it self is sandy and beautiful. I think I may have worn water shoes in the water. Primarily I lounge on the beach in the sun.  Nassau is not one of my favorite ports and after many times and trying different things there, literaly everything, Atlantis, Pearl island, snorkeling  etc. etc. I have settled on Blue Lagoon over just staying onboard. 

Thanks for your input!  We have done the catamaran snorkel excursion which I'm leaning toward.  Did you enjoy swimming there?  I'm thinking more like HMC, floating in the water type of experience at Blue Lagoon. Close to that?

Edited by ninjacat123

21 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Thanks for your input!  We have done the catamaran snorkel excursion which I'm leaning toward.  Did you enjoy swimming there?  I'm thinking more like HMC, floating in the water type of experience at Blue Lagoon. Close to that?

Blue Lagoon is on Salt Cay and it can be compared as similiar  to HMC. It would be a beach day but with additional possibility  of swimming with dolphins or swimming with sting rays. I would say the majority who go to Blue Lagoon do the swim with dolphins and then hit the beach,  a smaller subset swim with the stingrays and then hit the beach.  

I have done a catamaran snorkel there. It was in December and the water was cold. Brr.

• Like 1

We are now thinking of doing the day pass for Margaritaville, something new for us, which is walkable from the pier.  Now that swim with the stingrays was mentioned above (to access Blue Lagoon, that might be a 2nd option).

Hoping for warm weather!

They just changed our time on Blue lagoon.  If i booked the beach break with lunch  (8-12)can I stay as long as i want?  My Grandkids are doing the dolphin excursion and it got changed from 8-12 to 11;30-4.  Can I stay and watch them?

1 hour ago, sushi62 said:

They just changed our time on Blue lagoon.  If i booked the beach break with lunch  (8-12)can I stay as long as i want?  My Grandkids are doing the dolphin excursion and it got changed from 8-12 to 11;30-4.  Can I stay and watch them?

I suggest booking an excursion without lunch. The lunch is not good. There is food you can buy al a carte. I always book the stingray excursion. You don't have to swim with the stingrays if you don't want too. As far as staying later you can. They give you wristband but that is only to indicte you get lunch, or are doing dolphins or stingrays or beach toys etc. The return boats are not regulated and leave often. There will be passengers from multiple ships and excursions and they share the boats. In any case you acn return on the same boat as the grandkids.   I don't recall though if they will let you watch though. We had friends in our group who did the dolphins and we waited for them but as they were adults we were not interested in watching them. We just enjoyed the beach.

Edited by Charles4515

• 4 weeks later...

Someone had mentioned you need to show your passport on the boat to return from Blue Lagoon.  Anyone know if this is correct? I have never showed my passport outside of the ship and would hate to carry it with me, especially at a beach.

55 minutes ago, geenafeena said:

Someone had mentioned you need to show your passport on the boat to return from Blue Lagoon.  Anyone know if this is correct? I have never showed my passport outside of the ship and would hate to carry it with me, especially at a beach.

You don't need your passport. You need a photo ID to get though security at the cruise terminal returning to the ship. One of our group did not bring theirs and security had to contact the ship to verify her. Her seapass card was not enough.

• 4 weeks later...

great info here.  I was just looking at the sting ray excursion and wondered if we could just do that nd just stay at the beach. 

And thanks to whoever said we could stay as long as we like.  Was thinking 8-12 could be kinda short, especially with travel time to and from 

Love these boards.  

Anyone have any photos of Blue lagoon to share????