Edge and Grand Cayman

whitshel

I noticed the Edge's next western itinerary she is going to Roatan and not Grand Cayman.  Was this originally scheduled this way or was Roatan substituted for GC?  I see all her sailings after that are scheduled to go to GC.  Are we to assume that Roatan will be subbed if GC is still closed?   Going on the Edge March 27th.

Unless things change with the requirements for GC something will be substituted for GC.  It may be Roatan or someplace else.  We are scheduled for GC next month on the Reflection and expect that it will change.  Same with Falmouth.  At this point I think the cruises lines are jockeying for docking  space at ports that don’t have onerous requirements.  

23 minutes ago, whitshel said:

I noticed the Edge's next western itinerary she is going to Roatan and not Grand Cayman.  Was this originally scheduled this way or was Roatan substituted for GC?  I see all her sailings after that are scheduled to go to GC.  Are we to assume that Roatan will be subbed if GC is still closed?   Going on the Edge March 27th.

You can know your cruise will be to the Western Caribbean.   It will stop at ports TBD (to be determined).  Grand Cayman is not likely to.open and other ports will have status changes between now and the end of March.

This has been the subject of numerous threads.  No point in speculation as to what will happen in March.

I believe you may rest assured that no ships are going to Grand Cayman any time real soon. They don't seem to be in a hurry. Rumor is that, once they do open back up to cruises, they will do so on a much more limited basis and likely will keep it that way. 

Alternative ports have been Roatan, Nassau, Cozumel (as in my case), and maybe some others I'm not thinking of. 

• Like 3

On 1/19/2022 at 6:58 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

You can know your cruise will be to the Western Caribbean.   It will stop at ports TBD (to be determined).  Grand Cayman is not likely to.open and other ports will have status changes between now and the end of March.

This has been the subject of numerous threads.  No point in speculation as to what will happen in March.

I understand that, I have 1st hand experience, I just got off the Odyssey of the Seas where we had 2 ports cancelled (St Thomas and San Juan) but Puerta Plata was subbed.  Now I think we can say that Puerta Plata will be subbed for cancelled Eastern ports whenever possible.  My original question if Roatan was scheduled or subbed was not answered or maybe not known.  If we didn't speculate on things this would a pretty boring world.  Thanks for your advise, but I'm going to keep speculating.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, whitshel said:

I understand that, I have 1st hand experience, I just got off the Odyssey of the Seas where we had 2 ports cancelled (St Thomas and San Juan) but Puerta Plata was subbed.  Now I think we can say that Puerta Plata will be subbed for cancelled Eastern ports whenever possible.  My original question if Roatan was scheduled or subbed was not answered or maybe not known.  If we didn't speculate on things this would a pretty boring world.  Thanks for your advise, but I'm going to keep speculating.

From my app. Originally scheduled for GC. 

A7E7CF5D-5860-4E34-A7D7-175C8CA86F64.jpeg

On 1/19/2022 at 8:32 PM, whitshel said:

As the previous poster said, Roatan was substituted for Grand Cayman.  Here is a link to a copy of the port substitution letter posted by @coastcat on the Jan 30 2022 Edge roll call: link

On 1/19/2022 at 9:32 PM, whitshel said:

I am also on the 3/27 Edge sailing …just switched from 2/6 hoping things will be improved by then…

I just happened to be looking at what ships will be in port at the different islands for the cruise and both Roatan and Grand Cayman are listed for Day 6 of the sailing …I guess they want a back up secured if Grand Cayman doesn’t allow cruise ships by then.

Carnival Cruises just announces that none of its ships will be going to Grand Cayman through Feb 20th. I am on the Edge Feb 13 cruise and I am sure they will drop Grand Cayman and looks like add Roatan. Either way I just want to be back on the ship!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

I am also on the 3/27 Edge sailing …just switched from 2/6 hoping things will be improved by then…

I just happened to be looking at what ships will be in port at the different islands for the cruise and both Roatan and Grand Cayman are listed for Day 6 of the sailing …I guess they want a back up secured if Grand Cayman doesn’t allow cruise ships by then.

That was a really good idea!!