TESTING AIR VS. TESTING BOAT......???

ice_berg_ahead

So, If i fly to Europe and  and then fly back to the US i have to test for covid before i come back home to the states.....However if i cruise out of Miami and and port back in Miami, i DON'T have to test for covid. Either way i just traveled to 6 different countries and could have easily gotten the virus in any of those 12 counites. So is makes NO sense that i have to test for the flight but not for the boat. If the USA is worried about the spread of the virus then you would think they would want you to test negative if you have traveled to a different county regardless of the vessel that got you there, but instead, they care about the mode of transportation regardless of county??? *****????????????

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 6:09 AM, Zach1213 said:

Wait, did you go to six countries or 12 countries? Or counties? 

I think the OP is saying each island the ship stops at is a different country.  Yes, that is generally the case.  

As for the question of why you get away with not having to a test when you arrive in the US from a cruise.  Likely the lobbying effort by the cruise industry got that requirement eliminated.  This likely means the airlines need to go hire the same lobbyists the cruise lines use and then the world will be back in balance.