Athens Hilton closed until 2024 - any other hotel recommendations for Athens pre-cruise?

cwtravel

I am a long time, loyal Diamond Hilton Honors member with over 500,000 points. Was planning to stay at the Athens Hilton but it is being renovated & will be closed for 2 years so no Hilton stay for me. The Grand Hyatt and possibly Marriott (or their new Moxy Athens location) are options but would love to hear any Athens hotel recommendations, probably in the $250usd/night range. This would be for two nights in May.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, cwtravel said:

I am a long time, loyal Diamond Hilton Honors member with over 500,000 points. Was planning to stay at the Athens Hilton but it is being renovated & will be closed for 2 years so no Hilton stay for me. The Grand Hyatt and possibly Marriott (or their new Moxy Athens location) are options but would love to hear any Athens hotel recommendations, probably in the $250usd/night range. This would be for two nights in May.

Thanks!

Good hotel, clean, good location reasonably priced and plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.

https://www.eliaermouhotel.com

Edited by PORT ROYAL
  • Like 1

We’ve stayed several times at AVA Athens - boutique place with very comfortable 1 bedroom apartments in the Plaka - great location very close to Acropolis entrance; with restaurants and shops galore. Pricey (to us) but for a couple of pre/post cruise nights it’s worth it - especially after a long. long flight.

If interested, so if there are any performances in at the open air theatre below the Acropolis. We saw a symphony/opera performance there on a hot night. Great experience but take/hire a cushion.

• Thanks 1