End of cruise shoreside PCR testing - how long for results?

Ginnyfyr

Wondering if any Canadians can advise approximately how long it took to get your PCR results from the test done when you disembarked at Port Everglades? Do they hand you a hard copy or are results only via email?

Edited by Ginnyfyr
spelling

I don't know if this will answer your question, but I inquired the same regarding disembarking in Rome next May and was told the whole process takes about 40 minutes.  This made me think that you left with results in hand.

At the Tampa terminal on January 3, it was their first day doing it in this fashion (it had previously still be on the ship).  We were lined up at 7:30 outside the terminal, the company showed up and started doing tests at 8:30.  We had our test conducted at 9:00 and were told to leave and head to the airport.  We waited anyway as we wanted to make sure we got results.  We got our results at 11:00 am, by email only.

7 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

At the Tampa terminal on January 3, it was their first day doing it in this fashion (it had previously still be on the ship).  We were lined up at 7:30 outside the terminal, the company showed up and started doing tests at 8:30.  We had our test conducted at 9:00 and were told to leave and head to the airport.  We waited anyway as we wanted to make sure we got results.  We got our results at 11:00 am, by email only.

Thank you! We cruised with Princess in September out of Seattle and had our test results (also conducted shoreside) within about 45 minutes, but there also weren't as many Canadians on that sailing as I expect will be on our upcoming one. We plan to wait around for our results as well. Our return flight is just before 1 pm. No point in going to the airport and having our bags get checked through and then find out one or both of us has tested positive and we need to go find a quarantine hotel! 

35 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Thank you! We cruised with Princess in September out of Seattle and had our test results (also conducted shoreside) within about 45 minutes, but there also weren't as many Canadians on that sailing as I expect will be on our upcoming one. We plan to wait around for our results as well. Our return flight is just before 1 pm. No point in going to the airport and having our bags get checked through and then find out one or both of us has tested positive and we need to go find a quarantine hotel! 

We would like to wait for our test results as well but not sure if allowed.  Also have to allow 2 hours for check in at FLL.

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

We would like to wait for our test results as well but not sure if allowed.  Also have to allow 2 hours for check in at FLL.

I'm hoping that Celebrity will organize the testing in such a way that those with earlier flights will get tested earlier, but I realize that's putting a lot of faith in company that isn't well organized at the best of times, lol. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. Worst case scenario, if there are a ton of people needing PCR tests and it seems really unorganized and like it's taking forever, we'll hightail it to the airport and pay out of pocket for a rapid PCR test. Not ideal, but we're prepared for not ideal. 

14 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

I'm hoping that Celebrity will organize the testing in such a way that those with earlier flights will get tested earlier, but I realize that's putting a lot of faith in company that isn't well organized at the best of times, lol. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. Worst case scenario, if there are a ton of people needing PCR tests and it seems really unorganized and like it's taking forever, we'll hightail it to the airport and pay out of pocket for a rapid PCR test. Not ideal, but we're prepared for not ideal. 

From what I understand you receive a letter in your cabin  midway through the cruise with instructions how to book online.  I'm not even sure if they keep track or care what time of day your flight leaves but you do have to have a same day flight in order to take the test at the terminal.  I would imagine its done relatively quickly as these people have to leave at a certain time as new guests will be boarding.  Dont know; just my assumption. 

7 hours ago, mimbecky said:

Is the internet strong enough at sea to consider doing one of the Bianax tests from your cabin a day before disembarking?  Just curious.

You need to have the streaming package. Celebrity have made it very difficult to get these tests done and back in the timeframe required.  Unless you are crew or doing back 2 back you get tested at pier. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, drakes2 said:

From what I understand you receive a letter in your cabin  midway through the cruise with instructions how to book online.  I'm not even sure if they keep track or care what time of day your flight leaves but you do have to have a same day flight in order to take the test at the terminal.  I would imagine its done relatively quickly as these people have to leave at a certain time as new guests will be boarding.  Dont know; just my assumption. 

You and I have the same assumption! It just makes sense that they will want to clear the pier of people getting tested (well, I guess people in general) to make way for the next batch of passengers. Fingers crossed that it goes much more smoothly than we expect it will!

12 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

You and I have the same assumption! It just makes sense that they will want to clear the pier of people getting tested (well, I guess people in general) to make way for the next batch of passengers. Fingers crossed that it goes much more smoothly than we expect it will!

I've read some posts on this board that the people Celebrity have contracted out for these tests are gone by 9 - 9 30. We shall see.  Contemplated taking the 5 30 flight home but that's a long day in the terminal.  Antigen tests booked for Friday so laying low this week  Flying out Saturday 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I've read some posts on this board that the people Celebrity have contracted out for these tests are gone by 9 - 9 30. We shall see.  Contemplated taking the 5 30 flight home but that's a long day in the terminal.  Antigen tests booked for Friday so laying low this week  Flying out Saturday 

Same here - we're testing Friday at 5:30 pm, flying in Saturday morning. We considered the later AC flight as well but didn't really feel like shelling out for a day hotel just to spend a few hours there. Hopefully all will go as planned!

• Like 1