Russia - St Petersburg?

jeanlyon

We are scheduled to do the Baltic in early July departing from Amsterdam.  The ship, Celebrity Apex, is headed over in May and will be doing a couple of different itineraries.  

I figure once the ship gets there it will be going somewhere even if to other ports.  As we have not been anywhere in that part of Europe we don’t really care at this point. It will be an adventure.  

So the transatlantic will be the one we watch…..

• Like 1

I agree, the transatlantic cruises are due to cross in April.  Once those happen, we will have a better idea.  We are on NCL which has two ships offering similar itineraries at the same time.  So looking to see if both sail. I don’t mind an itinerary without St.Petersburg at this point, but pricing should be adjusted. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 2:19 PM, milolii said:

This is interning…

I realize many of the posts on this thread are from the U.K. But here is some information from the US.  

The US State Department has long  assigned Russia to a Category 4 - do not travel,  due to CoVID and limited ability to help US citizens in Russia.  However, on January 23, a Sunday, the department issued an update.  It basically states do not travel around or through the Ukrainian/Russian border, but also adds there is an increase risk of harassment  of foreigners.  Again adding there is limited ability to help US citizens, as the embassy is in Moscow.  

If(when) Putin does invade, it seems likely US citizens won’t be welcomed. 

https://ru.usembassy.gov/security-alert-update-to-travel-advisory-for-russia-january-23-2022/

@Level sixmy understanding is only a few smaller European ships have traveled to Russia with mostly European citizens. 

Thank you, @milolii. This is very helpful. Our final payment is February 22, but it will be interesting to see what happens in April with the first cruises going to St. Petersburg. Even if we went ahead and stay booked, port changes happen often when on the cruise. Many Caribbean ports have recently been canceled with many disappointed cruisers., while on the ship.