Earliest flight out of Seattle?

craig01020

A noon flight is fine. Take a look at Port Valet where you can check your luggage in for your flight from the ship and they take care of everything else, if your airline participates.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Also, Spot Saver where you can reserve a time to go through TSA.

https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is been asked and answered above, as to recommended departure times, but I have to ask: Does anyone have actual experience catching a 10:30 a.m. flight out of SEA on a Sunday disembarkation day? 

We have TSA Pre-check and would do early walk-off, of course, and would be flying 1st class. I normally don't like trying to make flights that early, but we had to do it twice recently (airline changed our departure times) and was surprised that - despite my extreme anxiety - both times we got to the airport (about 30 minute drive) and through security quickly and had a LOT of time to spare. But we have not flown out of SEA frequently and not in a long time. Understanding, of course, there is always a risk the ship will arrive late, there could be issues with customs personnel arriving on time, etc.

The next available flight is very late in the day and would get us in (east coast) in the wee hours of the morning. We are very seasoned travelers and know the potential risks, but just wondering if there's anyone with actual experience trying to make such an early flight out of SEA after a cruise. Thanks for any thoughts. 

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

On 2/14/2022 at 11:34 AM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Please disregard my question above. Just received notification the return flight has been bumped up to a 9:50 a.m. departure time.  No way I would even consider trying to make that. 

Depending when your new flight is scheduled for, you might look into the free Port Valet program offered by the Port of Seattle.  Basically, you put your luggage out the final night of your cruise and you pick it up your home airport (Logan?).  If you end up on that much later flight, you can take a taxi or Uber into DT Seattle or Pike Place Market, tour around, have either breakfast or lunch, then take the light rail to SeaTac while just having your carrying-on bag with you.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Depending when your new flight is scheduled for, you might look into the free Port Valet program offered by the Port of Seattle.  Basically, you put your luggage out the final night of your cruise and you pick it up your home airport (Logan?).  If you end up on that much later flight, you can take a taxi or Uber into DT Seattle or Pike Place Market, tour around, have either breakfast or lunch, then take the light rail to SeaTac while just having your carrying-on bag with you.

Thank you SO much for that information. We have used a similar service offered by the cruise lines in the past (in Ft. Lauderdale), but I was not aware of this service offered by the Port of Seattle. Great info to have. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

We have a 1:20 Departure this July after our Ovation sailing .  I always worry about being on time, but don’t think I will have any problems.  

We plan to use the free Port Valet to have our large suitcases sent to the airport and self depart with our carry on’s.

I’ve arranged with Seattle Express at $15.00 each for the two of us for transportation to the airport.  

On our arrival the previous week we’re taking the light rail ($1.00 senior rate) to the downtown Mayflower Hotel, which is right next to the Westland Station.  We’ll take a cab yo the pier from the hotel.