Transatlantic Cruise - COVID19 Test For Flight To USA

Syracusefan44

My wife and I are thinking about booking the 4/16/22 transatlantic cruise on the Emerald Princess from Fort Lauderdale to London.

Our concern is we need a negative COVID19 test to board a flight from the UK to the USA.  I assume Princess will provide the required testing onboard the ship but what happens if we test positive?  Is there a mandatory quarantine in a UK hotel at our expense until we test negative?

The mandatory quarantine is at Princess expense, including a per diem for food, until you are cleared to travel by a medical professional.  If you use their contracted hotel, there is no out of pocket expense.  If you make other lodging arrangements, the difference between the Princess contracted rate is on you or your travel insurance. 

2 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

The mandatory quarantine is at Princess expense, including a per diem for food, until you are cleared to travel by a medical professional.  If you use their contracted hotel, there is no out of pocket expense.  If you make other lodging arrangements, the difference between the Princess contracted rate is on you or your travel insurance. 

We're booked on the 3/12 Sky Princess TA and will be flying back from London to the US on the last day of the cruise. 

Would you have had to be insured by Princess for them to pay these expenses?  Also, I'd assume only the quarantined person's costs would be covered, not those of their traveling partner?

Edited by USVIcruizer

46 minutes ago, USVIcruizer said:

Thank you!

Hi.  Never noticed a member from USVI before.  Curious about this ... have you ever been able to board a ship in Charlotte Amalie and take a cruise with one of the major lines that call there?  (Obviously, there would have to be an open cabin since it is not a turnaround port).  I am wondering if you have to book from FLL and just arrange to board there and then do some B2B type things and exit ship next time in STT, losing some days at the end.  

14 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I assume Princess will provide the required testing onboard the ship ...

I have heard only "rumors" (unsubstantiated) that Princess will do an "early" test, maybe the night before by request.  The official line is that you disembark, collect luggage and then get tested on the pier.  I am scrambling, trying to come up with a solid plan as well as a backup plan to make sure we don't get hung up in testing (time-wise) and get to the airport.  We may just stay an extra night to alleviate any stress on that front, but then that brings into play the question of "where to get tested to meet the 24 hr window".  Traveling used to be SO much easier...

Does anyone know if one requires quarantine due to a positive test result at disembarkation in Southampton, will Princess arrange for the hotel accommodation, or will the passenger have to find one?

38 minutes ago, CCBB said:

Does anyone know if one requires quarantine due to a positive test result at disembarkation in Southampton, will Princess arrange for the hotel accommodation, or will the passenger have to find one?

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Change fees and reasonable expenses related to shoreside quarantine and travel home for you and your immediate travel party will be covered by Princess if not reimbursable from travel protection plan or other responsible party.

Additionally, any shoreside meals will be covered through Princess by a per diem meal allowance. We will provide a dedicated Family Assistance liaison for care and logistical shoreside support and provide assistance opening insurance claims for those guests who purchased travel protection.

If you are unable to travel, our Family Assistance department will coordinate lodging and insurance support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Change fees and reasonable expenses related to shoreside quarantine and travel home for you and your immediate travel party will be covered by Princess if not reimbursable from travel protection plan or other responsible party.

Additionally, any shoreside meals will be covered through Princess by a per diem meal allowance. We will provide a dedicated Family Assistance liaison for care and logistical shoreside support and provide assistance opening insurance claims for those guests who purchased travel protection.

If you are unable to travel, our Family Assistance department will coordinate lodging and insurance support.

Thank you for the info and link.  My wife and I have decided to book the transatlantic especially with them selling balcony staterooms for the same price as an interior stateroom.   We we able to get a Caribe balcony for $50 per day/per person.