Summer 2022 Cruising

georgiaguy

We are booked for Alaska in July and hoping they will be past of us being tested before we get on the ship. We are doing 3 days land before the cruise and will have to do the tests offered by Celebrity because it has to be done before we get on the ship, not before we begin our trip,  so we can't do at home.  I checked Seward for a place to have it done and it is more expensive.

17 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

I probably should have given my answer. We are cruising in Europe for the first time at the end of June into early July and then spending a few days down on the Amalfi Coast post cruise. Right now we are hoping all the countries will be open and we will be able to go on our excursions. Masks outside are probably 50/50. I am assuming inside masks will be part of it, which is fine. Also hope that it has cleared up enough that isn’t too concerning as vaccinated and boosted. But honestly after two summer vacations in a row canceled we just want to be able to go. 

And I hope the best for you.  However, I did cancel my European cruises for mostly Caribbean and Alaska due to possible catching covid even tho boosted.  I will do European cruises in 2023 like returning to Norway and then seeing Iceland for the first time as well as Greece.

So many new ships coming out or out for a year, so I have booked Disney Wish.  Doing Alaska twice and also Bermuda.

I think there is about 85% chance cruising will be more normal than now or at least I hope so.

Masking is the easy part but the pre cruise testing 48 hours still a pain.  then actually catching the virus can be stressful.  I did get to Theme Parks in FLA 3 times between Sept - Dec 2021, and I felt safe and was safe and did not catch it.   toodles and good luck.

We took a river cruise out of Paris last July with only 1/3 the passengers. We have a Bermuda cruise booked this July. I am hoping all the testing is over and it’s back to just showing your vaccine card. It will be hard to be on a full ship again but it will be nice to see the cruise lines making some $$$.  Right now my cruise is looking full. I am not sure what the hold-back cabins are for positive cases.

Well, this summer I will finally get to Michigan for my dad's celebration of life.  It has been a long time and not having this has really bothered me especially in terms of closure.  In October, Apex is providing a b2b/TA with Israel, Turkey and many wonderful ports, most that we have seen before during our travels.  Four days in Rome before this journey begins...26 fabulous days.  My DH is hoping that Israel doesn't close because I booked him and I a private tour of Jerusalem and Bethlehem just for the two of us.  We moved our holidays' cruise to a quieter (1/2/2023,) so 11 days on Edge instead of Equinox, along with a hotel on the beach for four days. Then, another b2b/TA on Beyond for April of '23, spending a month in Europe...TBD.  I need something inbeween and before AUS, NZ and TP the following year with good friends/cruising buddies.  Yep, I chose to cancel a few cruises myself due to a variety of reasons, but you only live once, so make those bookings count!   For me, as an educator, Covid has been an exhausting experience, but now just something to live with in the future.  I do worry about our youth, as it has been devastating on so many of them.  

Sorry that my 2022 was extended...

Edited by Lastdance