Anybody on the Enchanted Princess now ( 1/29/22 cruise..) ?

big al

Hi guys & gals...a friend just got off the Majestic Princess  this past Saturday doing the Mexican Riviera and she said a couple of things: 1) much of the buffet areas were closed & only maybe 2 sections were open...true on the Enchanted?  2) She said the entertainment was pretty poor..she said in the Piazza, they played Mariachi music 90% of the time..that would drive me crazy and my DW is Latino, lol...anybody gone to the production shows ( are they on or cancelled? ) ..only 1100 on the cruise...and for me, has the ship gone to all the scheduled ports & any of the ports have a mask mandate? Stores open? Thanks & hope your cruise is going well..

22 minutes ago, bj24 said:

On Enchanted now. Buffet is limited. Musical entertainment limited. Steel drums in piazza ALOT. But having a great time. Crew is wonderful 

I'm assuming that it was limited in size due to the reduced numbers onboard but not in selections available. 

2 show times 7 and 9 and they just got another band onboard. half of deck 8 is closed and is deck 9 (totally closed off). Half of the buffet is closed but food choices are still plentiful. Pools a bit  cold. Lots of hot tubs. twice a day housekeeping. We ate at Sur La Mer last night and despite bad reviews we enjoyed the duck. I dont know why people are ordering steak there. Gigis is a good option for lunch. Gelato is great and very reasonable. People are behaving with masking. Most people are using their phones for the app, I put mine in the safe, it's a nuisance.

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I'm assuming that it was limited in size due to the reduced numbers onboard but not in selections available. 

I personally think selections aren’t that great. But always find something to eat 😀. Gone to all islands but late getting into St Kitts because of medical emergency while ship in Barbados.  Like the Ap when working. Can order food and drinks from anywhere   But with so many crew around, they usually approach and take my order before I finish doing it on the Ap 

26 minutes ago, bj24 said:

I personally think selections aren’t that great. But always find something to eat 😀. Gone to all islands but late getting into St Kitts because of medical emergency while ship in Barbados.  Like the Ap when working. Can order food and drinks from anywhere   But with so many crew around, they usually approach and take my order before I finish doing it on the Ap 

If the good service continues in the future I won't have to carry my phone around all day long just to place drink orders.

And I plan on ordering quite a bit since I'm not driving. 🍹🍹🍹🧉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FritzG said:

Do the televisions have On Demand?  Are there music stations, too? 

Yes on demand movies and some old TV shows and live tv.  Did a nice job with super bowl.  Much better tv than the choices on celebrity in October. Also music stations but not ones I care for. I stream pandora. Internet has been great

Edited by bj24

10 hours ago, big al said:

On The Sky Princess this week, one YouTuber said there is only ONE production show nightly @ 9:15 pm...is this true on the Enchanted?

You and I are watching the same YouTuber...I thought he made some very valid points. I hope Princess watches him too. Actually, there are two YouTubers on board the Sky right now.

9 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

You and I are watching the same YouTuber...I thought he made some very valid points. I hope Princess watches him too. Actually, there are two YouTubers on board the Sky right now.

We also watch Tony & Don but lately we're getting disappointed with their coverage of Princess lately especially since there on the ship & hardly talk about much of the features. All they want to talk about is Carnival, which we have no interest in. 

Yes, Don did have a point about the bad scheduling of the shows. I suspect there must have been a valid reason since the shows usually have a little more time between them. 

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We also watch Tony & Don but lately we're getting disappointed with their coverage of Princess lately especially since there on the ship & hardly talk about much of the features. All they want to talk about is Carnival, which we have no interest in. 

Yes, Don did have a point about the bad scheduling of the shows. I suspect there must have been a valid reason since the shows usually have a little more time between them. 

I watch both Don & Tony daily as well..that's why I asked about the Princess's shows..agree he makes a valid point..I hate rushing or can't get good seats..soooo glad Enchantment is doing 2 shows nightly...thanks for the updates, and "I hope you're having a FANTASTIC day", LOL...!!

Edited by big al
added sentence..
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I agree - I keep watching their daily uploads hoping for a review and tour of the ship - maybe they will do that when they are done. Tony did show some of the Piazza yesterday and an afternoon tea.

We were on the last sailing of the Sky in March 2020 when Ms Swartz announced the shutdown. The ship was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, the crew were amazing and the food was some of the best I've ever had on a Princess ship.

Although I agree with the drawbacks of the Royal class, no real promenade, no forward views except in the Sanctuary, view straight down to the ocean obstructed by the lifeboats etc, I think Don did a disservice to the ship on his first video. I hope he does another, kinder one soon.

57 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I agree - I keep watching their daily uploads hoping for a review and tour of the ship - maybe they will do that when they are done. Tony did show some of the Piazza yesterday and an afternoon tea.

We were on the last sailing of the Sky in March 2020 when Ms Swartz announced the shutdown. The ship was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, the crew were amazing and the food was some of the best I've ever had on a Princess ship.

Although I agree with the drawbacks of the Royal class, no real promenade, no forward views except in the Sanctuary, view straight down to the ocean obstructed by the lifeboats etc, I think Don did a disservice to the ship on his first video. I hope he does another, kinder one soon.

When they start talking about all the other ships, cancellations & future builds we just fast forward right past. I can understand wanting to keep the audience interested but as far as I'm concerned when they're aboard a certain ship their comments should be devoted to only that ship except for maybe a few minutes at the end of their broadcast for other items. 

Oh well, I shouldn't be criticizing their way of doing business. It's their YouTube channel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big al said:

I watch both Don & Tony daily as well..that's why I asked about the Princess's shows..agree he makes a valid point..I hate rushing or can't get good seats..soooo glad Enchantment is doing 2 shows nightly...thanks for the updates, and "I hope you're having a FANTASTIC day", LOL...!!

Don actually says "Vantastic Day". He clarified that in one of his videos about himself and there was a story behind it, although I can't recall what it was.

• Like 2

there are some cute craft classes, the wine tasting event for elites was fun, elite happy hour still a nice time meeting other people.  The infinity pool is very cool. The pools is general are cold. Seat savers are out early as usual. So many back to back cruisers I think they stay onboard in the ports. I am in a deluxe obstructed and I think it is the smallest bathroom I have had in a long time. I am sure the bathroom size has shrunk.