B2B question....

monakayk

We're going on a back-to-back cruise with Carnival Vista and want to get off the ship in Galveston to shop before our second cruise ....will we need to get back in line and do our check-in process again? Or can we pass the line and go straight back onto the ship instead of going to the check in  desk? What about showing a covid test results for the 2nd cruise...since CCL will give it to us on the ship. Will CCL give us a written test results to show when we get back on the ship?

I'm not sure how this all works with Carnival/covid...so if somebody can explain it to me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We just got off a B2B and the instructions we got included either a) staying on ship or b) getting off at port and although I never paid attention to b) getting off at port, that option is available and Carnival has it worked out for you. 

They will leave an in transit card in your room on the first trip. Leave the ship in the morning, take that and your sail and sign card from the first trip. That's your ticket to get back on. And yes, you'll have to wait in line and won't be allowed back in until boarding begins.

We are on the Vista  right now, finishing up the second week of our B2B

Here is what happened during the most recent Vista B2B process:

*On Thursday, we received  written instructions in our room about the process, including the instructions to report to the Limelight Lounge on Friday morning for a free required Covid test administered by the ship’s medical personnel.

*The testing was efficient; we were told to return to our staterooms for 30 minutes.  If we didn’t receive a phone call from them during that time, it meant that we had tested negative and were free to move around the ship.

*the instructions said that people leaving the ship for a few hours in Galveston on Saturday needed to stop by guest services on Saturday morning to get a paper copy of their negative covid test.  We were able to do this on Friday night after dinner; try to do this, it made the next morning easier.

* On Saturday (/Debarkation/Embarkation day) we were instructed to meet in one of the dining rooms with our passports and sign and sail cards, and transit cards.The written  instructions were a bit confusing; I had to go to guest services to verify that “Identity Document” was, in our case, a passport.

*We waited there quite a while, take something to read.

*while we were waiting, someone from the ship came around to take our photo again for the second cruise and then they handed us new sign and sail cards.

*After that, we were all taken off the ship and we walked down to the baggage claim area and showed our passports to immigration officers; they did not use the automatic face ID that is used during regular debarkation.

*After that, we returned to the ship and there was champagne or Mimosas offered at the lobby bar.

After showing his passport, my husband chose to leave the ship to get something from our car. Carnival gave him a list of what he needed to board again.  Check these carefully yourself,  of course, I seem to recall  that it was his transit card, passport, vaccination card, and negative Covid test, and boarding pass for the second cruise.

*My husband said it took him about 30 minutes to board but that it was crowded with long lines.

I have to say, after being in and out of Galveston over the years, there is no shopping within walking distance of the Pier that is worth this hassle!  You will have plenty of opportunities in port and on board to buy beach wear, tee shirts, coffee mugs, etc., and this is what you will find in Galveston!

1 hour ago, monakayk said:

We're going on a back-to-back cruise with Carnival Vista and want to get off the ship in Galveston to shop before our second cruise ....will we need to get back in line and do our check-in process again? Or can we pass the line and go straight back onto the ship instead of going to the check in  desk? What about showing a covid test results for the 2nd cruise...since CCL will give it to us on the ship. Will CCL give us a written test results to show when we get back on the ship?

I'm not sure how this all works with Carnival/covid...so if somebody can explain it to me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Just did a B2B in December. We left the ship in Miami, went downtown. Upon returning just went to the front of the line, showed the S&S card, went right back on board.

30 minutes ago, Miss Picante said:

We are on the Vista  right now, finishing up the second week of our B2B

Here is what happened during the most recent Vista B2B process:

*On Thursday, we received  written instructions in our room about the process, including the instructions to report to the Limelight Lounge on Friday morning for a free required Covid test administered by the ship’s medical personnel.

*The testing was efficient; we were told to return to our staterooms for 30 minutes.  If we didn’t receive a phone call from them during that time, it meant that we had tested negative and were free to move around the ship.

*the instructions said that people leaving the ship for a few hours in Galveston on Saturday needed to stop by guest services on Saturday morning to get a paper copy of their negative covid test.  We were able to do this on Friday night after dinner; try to do this, it made the next morning easier.

* On Saturday (/Debarkation/Embarkation day) we were instructed to meet in one of the dining rooms with our passports and sign and sail cards, and transit cards.The written  instructions were a bit confusing; I had to go to guest services to verify that “Identity Document” was, in our case, a passport.

*We waited there quite a while, take something to read.

*while we were waiting, someone from the ship came around to take our photo again for the second cruise and then they handed us new sign and sail cards.

*After that, we were all taken off the ship and we walked down to the baggage claim area and showed our passports to immigration officers; they did not use the automatic face ID that is used during regular debarkation.

*After that, we returned to the ship and there was champagne or Mimosas offered at the lobby bar.

After showing his passport, my husband chose to leave the ship to get something from our car. Carnival gave him a list of what he needed to board again.  Check these carefully yourself,  of course, I seem to recall  that it was his transit card, passport, vaccination card, and negative Covid test, and boarding pass for the second cruise.

*My husband said it took him about 30 minutes to board but that it was crowded with long lines.

I have to say, after being in and out of Galveston over the years, there is no shopping within walking distance of the Pier that is worth this hassle!  You will have plenty of opportunities in port and on board to buy beach wear, tee shirts, coffee mugs, etc., and this is what you will find in Galveston!

Thank you for this information it was exactly what I needed to know!

• Thanks 1

If you follow the long instructions above you will get off the ship about 10 and walked back up. If you want to leave and walk around leave when they start debarkng and take your in transit card and sail and sign from the first trip. These exact instructions as above by the poster and the ones as I described will be delivered  to your room.

Edited by Bgcruising

16 hours ago, Bgcruising said:

If you follow the long instructions above you will get off the ship about 10 and walked back up. If you want to leave and walk around leave when they start debarkng and take your in transit card and sail and sign from the first trip. These exact instructions as above by the poster and the ones as I described will be delivered  to your room.

thank you

I'm also researching back-to-back to back during covid this was a very helpful article.. And gives me a pretty good idea of what to expect.. we are doing back-to-back the end of this month on carnival liberty at port Canaveral ..they're doing testing at the port on a trial basis so we're set with that. The booking agent said he cross referenced us for back-to-back but when I look in my planner and at my documents it doesn't show anywhere that it's a b2b, was there any indication on your paperwork That you would be doing back-to-back sailings?

48 minutes ago, celebrityxxo said:

I'm also researching back-to-back to back during covid this was a very helpful article.. And gives me a pretty good idea of what to expect.. we are doing back-to-back the end of this month on carnival liberty at port Canaveral ..they're doing testing at the port on a trial basis so we're set with that. The booking agent said he cross referenced us for back-to-back but when I look in my planner and at my documents it doesn't show anywhere that it's a b2b, was there any indication on your paperwork That you would be doing back-to-back sailings?

You do not need to make test arrangements in the port, not even the $10 tests if that is what you're referring to. Carnival will test free on the last sea day of the first leg. 

Add: You can stop by Guest Services during the cruise and confirm you are on the B2B list.

Edited by mondello