EU Digital Certificate

trtog7

Foreigners can apply for a CST

but be aware that is only good for 30 days 

and you need to apply separately for each European country .

CST (Covid Safe travel) is easy to get online (15 min) . You need your vaccinations dates and your passport to apply online.

With the CST , you can get into restaurants, bars and some shops. It will also allow to go to events (theater, movies, concerts etc)

Many European countries are discussing an eventual suppression of this unpopular system.

Stay inform and contact the specific embassy for the latest infos shortly before your trip.

Micheline

• Thanks 1

Things are changing every week!

It was easy to obtain a CST for Belgium but now it seems that for US citizens , you need only a proof of vaccination  (CDC card )for Portugal. The CST is only for foreign residents, not tourists!
Canadians should check after 2/28 to make sure that they cannot enter Portugal and check  the conditions of entry to Madeira.

Madeira is  Portuguese territory but also an autonomous region with its own rules.

It is a complicated mess overseas……

Micheline

• Like 3

We used our CDC card in dozens and dozens of locations (restaurants, pubs, museums and more) in France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece.  The only place out of all the times we used it that refused it was a small coffee shop in Pireaus, which wouldn't accept the CDC card even to order a coffee and sit outside. 

Go figure. 

• Thanks 1

I hate to say it but I am tired and at this point my triple vaccinated spouse and I will be happy to show our vaccinations cards but if some one wants a QR code to get in, we won’t be getting in.  I am not spending the time to figure out what each country wants.  Worse case, we save some money on eating and shopping.

Edited by KirkNC
  • Like 3