Two Cabins booked - will single key card work for both cabins?

Lily'sMum

We are traveling with our teenage daughters, staying in cabin next door (but not connected).  The way they booked reservation was to have one adult and one kid in each cabin, but said we could rearrange any way we wanted. Will Celebrity give me access to both cabins on one SeaPass card?   

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why you didn’t book them in the cabin themselves? I ask because when our kids were teens (first time on Celebrity they were 15 and 13) As long as we were close to them they were booked in their own cabin. We did this for a couple of years and it worked great. Had no issues with keys. The first year they were across from us and the next 2 they were next to us.

3 hours ago, Lily'sMum said:

We are traveling with our teenage daughters, staying in cabin next door (but not connected).  The way they booked reservation was to have one adult and one kid in each cabin, but said we could rearrange any way we wanted. Will Celebrity give me access to both cabins on one SeaPass card?   

To keep shipboard purchases straight in the folio, the key cards will be coded to a specific individual in a specific cabin, and yours will necessarily be unique to your own cabin #, so no, they don't 'key' multiple cabins to a specific card.  However, as suggested, they will happily make you a 'spare' for the 2nd cabin.

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why you didn’t book them in the cabin themselves? I ask because when our kids were teens (first time on Celebrity they were 15 and 13) As long as we were close to them they were booked in their own cabin. We did this for a couple of years and it worked great. Had no issues with keys. The first year they were across from us and the next 2 they were next to us.

You know, we asked for that (as we have heard you could do that as long as they were adjacent)... but the Celebrity rep. (booked directly) said it was "much easier" to just put an adult in each room and just swap rooms as we see fit.  They said the same on previous cruises, but we had connecting cabins -  so it wasn't an issue as far as getting into either room.   I'm sure they were just being lazy, and I didn't really push back... but wasn't thinking about key access at the time.