Those who have used Walgreens for Testing

ColoradoMom!!

50 minutes ago, rj59 said:

I use Walgreens as my first choice and emed home tests as a backup, which I had to use once during the December surge when my test was canceled. The most important thing is to check how soon test spots open up, which is a pain because you have to fill out lots of info every time you try to look at their schedule. Then make sure you get online to schedule that number of days before your cruise--on my last one I woke at 3 am to schedule the day that appointments opened up for your day. Other important things--don't say that you're getting the test for travel, because you're not supposed to get a rapid antigen test for travel, say you've had exposure to a confirmed covid case, which you probably have had. The other thing is that it tells you to bring an insurance card, but in reality they don't ask for or require insurance, and they charge it to a government account. 

Sometime during the last month or so, Walgreens changed their appointment process.  You can now see all of the available appointments before inputting all of your personal info.  Big improvement.  I have had no problem scheduling appointments for travel and have avoided telling Walgreens that I was exposed (when I hadn’t been) because my answer was going to be different on the health questionnaire and I don’t want to risk any kind of conflicting info.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rj59 said:

The most important thing is to check how soon test spots open up...Then make sure you get online to schedule that number of days before your cruise--on my last one I woke at 3 am to schedule the day that appointments opened up for your day. In late December I was able to log on and make our appointments at 12:05 am (EST) on the day they opened up.

Other important things--don't say that you're getting the test for travel, because you're not supposed to get a rapid antigen test for travel, say you've had exposure to a confirmed covid case, which you probably have had. No problem in December saying it was for travel.  I noticed recently that option was dropped from the CVS questionnaire.

See comments in red.

Used Walgreens for testing a couple weeks ago. We used the ID NOW tests and our results came back in about an hour. No charge. 

Test type: Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) 
Results sheet says: Rapid Diagnostic Test (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test NAAT)