Royal Caribbean & LGBT Meetups

BostonBud

hi all, 

I'm doing my first solo cruise in May on a Royal Caribbean ship and was wondering if they have daily meetups of LGBT & Allies?  Most of my Royal cruises have been on gay charters so they don't need them then but wasn't sure about the typical Royal cruise.  I'm been on Celebrity ships and they do post a LGBT Meet up in the evenings every day of the cruise.

Any advice?

Yes, but they usually schedule them at 11 PM in the Crown Lounge or another noisy place where there are also other things going on at the same time, so it's hard to tell who is there for what, and if you do find other people you have to struggle to be able to hear each other. That's been the unfortunate reality on my last 4 Royal Caribbean cruises.

Do check the message board as well in case someone decides to take the initiative for a meeting at a different time. My last 3 Royal cruises were TAs where they also scheduled lunches, but I don't know if they do that on non-TAs.

Hello,

I think the approach to LGBT+/FOD meetings on RCI ships is more down to the Cruise Director/Ents Manager on each ship rather than anything 'corporate'.

As of late, LGBT+ meetings have been scheduled earlier in the evening but now clash with restaurant opening hours for dinner. I have never known a ship sponsored lunch or dinner, only one if a gang of guys organise one together.

Sadly most venues hosting the meeting are bars wherein the ability to use sign-language appears to be a prerequisite. Meetings are listed in the Cruise Compass though as Jared2 said you can always keep an eye on the Community Notice Board (usually by the Guest Relations desk) to see if anyone is proposing an alternative meeting/venue. Unfortunately the entries in Cruise Compass are posted as a 'norm' without recognition of what else is being scheduled and I have turned up at a venue only to find it had been double-booked.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Cublet

27 minutes ago, CatLadyFemme said:

Yes, though I have found them to be mostly cis gay men who didn’t seem to understand why me (nonbinary queer femme) and my (trans masculine) partner were there, and have been pretty stand offish. I would say more G&L in my experiences 😭

Hello,

Whilst Cunard is very GB friendly (the L, T & + maybe not so), I have always said it would be easier to break into Fort Knox than into the very tight knit GB group that obviously sail, and meet, frequently on board QM2.

Regards,

Cublet

9 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Whilst Cunard is very GB friendly (the L, T & + maybe not so), I have always said it would be easier to break into Fort Knox than into the very tight knit GB group that obviously sail, and meet, frequently on board QM2.

Regards,

Cublet

Oooih, good to know, thank you.

Hello,

I feel it's necessary to clarify my statement about Cunard.

It's a problem that I, and perhaps many, have with nuances in English. When I said ".....GB friendly (the L, T & + maybe not so)" I did not mean that they were UNfriendly but were sort of 'neutral' and not proactively friendly that they are with G&Bs.

Regards,

Cublet

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off of Navigator. They had a meeting everyday and it was always in the Bamboo Room (tiki bar). It was a good spot for it. I wish they'd do these during happy hour though. They always do them later, so many are busy at dinner or attending some of the events/shows. I'd prefer them between 5 - 7...

Anyway, we had a good turnout the first night and met some new friends.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:56 AM, CatLadyFemme said:

Yes, though I have found them to be mostly cis gay men who didn’t seem to understand why me (nonbinary queer femme) and my (trans masculine) partner were there, and have been pretty stand offish. I would say more G&L in my experiences 😭

That's such a shame...my husband and I would quite enjoy meeting you! I simply can't understand ostracizing anyone. I guess some guys probably go there as a hook-up, so perhaps that's why they're stand-offish, but...hopefully someday we'll cross paths!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lexster said:

That's such a shame...my husband and I would quite enjoy meeting you! I simply can't understand ostracizing anyone. I guess some guys probably go there as a hook-up, so perhaps that's why they're stand-offish, but...hopefully someday we'll cross paths!

Also a fellow pro wrestling fan (just got tickets to see AEW when they come to Detroit!) who says Royal, I definitely hope our paths do. 💜

My husband and I were on Oasis OTS back in October.  I don't think we ever really went to the meet-up, because we went the first night and there were few people when we were there.  But it seemed to be pretty well attended other nights, and was held in Vintages, so it was actually conducive to conversation.

Mostly cis gay men, but there were two trans women who attended a night or two.

On 2/22/2022 at 3:30 PM, BostonBud said:

hi all, 

I'm doing my first solo cruise in May on a Royal Caribbean ship and was wondering if they have daily meetups of LGBT & Allies?  Most of my Royal cruises have been on gay charters so they don't need them then but wasn't sure about the typical Royal cruise.  I'm been on Celebrity ships and they do post a LGBT Meet up in the evenings every day of the cruise.

Any advice?

We just got off the Allure and they had a 5PM get together in the champagne bar. Good group of about 15. Just nice to sit and chat.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

Also a fellow pro wrestling fan (just got tickets to see AEW when they come to Detroit!) who says Royal, I definitely hope our paths do. 💜

Awesome! I saw AEW when they came to Cincinnati a few months ago. Really fun show! Definitely shoot me a PM if you ever wanna chat, always looking for more wrestling friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROYALBOY said:

We just got off the Allure and they had a 5PM get together in the champagne bar. Good group of about 15. Just nice to sit and chat.

Did any of you hang out afterwards either at the pool or on any other activities. 

6 hours ago, Lexster said:

Awesome! I saw AEW when they came to Cincinnati a few months ago. Really fun show! Definitely shoot me a PM if you ever wanna chat, always looking for more wrestling friends.

Doesn’t seem to let me message. Find me as PrincexFemme on IG or DrShannaK on Twitte.r💜