FYI - Nassau replaces Key West through May

pl281

We are on the March 23rd cruise and got the email today (although I saw it in the app this morning)

"We wanted to let you know that we’ve made an update to our Fire & Sunset Soirée itineraries sailing from March 23rd, 2022 through May 18th, 2022"

I'm not completely surprised by this change. Personally it's not the end of the world as this Is just a cruise to get away and I've never been to Nassau before.

I only booked this trip because of the Key West stopped so I'm super bummed about skipping it. I worked for a couple of years as a consultant in Nassau and won't be getting off the ship, maybe even skipping the entire cruse altogether.  Very unhappy!

1 hour ago, raphael360 said:

I only booked this trip because of the Key West stopped so I'm super bummed about skipping it. I worked for a couple of years as a consultant in Nassau and won't be getting off the ship, maybe even skipping the entire cruse altogether.  Very unhappy!

Never book a cruise based on the itinerary as the primary factor, they could keep you at sea for the whole time if they needed/wanted to and they may not have to give you any reimbursement. 

I've done over 50 cruises and  always based them on the itinerary.  I did an Australia / New Zealand cruise (pre covid) which would have been dismal if they cancelled say, Australia and New Zealand.    Our 5 Alaskan cruises would have also sucked if they cancelled the Alaska portion.

With that said, no ships over 1300 passengers will be allowed to dock in Key West going forward per new the local laws.  Virgin confirmed; no more Key West cruises.  

drewdawg199 is right, this and any cruise might never dock in any port - joy.