Updted Entry Requirements for Dubai

NightWoman

As from today Dubai has announced new entry requirements.

Passengers travelling to Dubai no longer need to have a pre-departure PCR test if fully vaccinated and have valid vaccine certificate with a QR code.

MSC still require a negative test 72hrs prior to embarkation so hopefully these will still be available at Dubai airport, hopefully someone embarking soon will be able to confirm this.

According to Emirates website the information states:

If requested, passengers must undergo a PCR test on arrival in Dubai and self‑quarantine until they receive a negative result. In the event the passenger tests positive, then they should follow the guidelines issued by the relevant Health Authority in the Emirate of Dubai.

So it could be random testing but I'm not 100% sure if this is the case, but good news that no expensive test before travelling 🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NightWoman said:

As from today Dubai has announced new entry requirements.

Passengers travelling to Dubai no longer need to have a pre-departure PCR test if fully vaccinated and have valid vaccine certificate with a QR code.

MSC still require a negative test 72hrs prior to embarkation so hopefully these will still be available at Dubai airport, hopefully someone embarking soon will be able to confirm this.

According to Emirates website the information states:

If requested, passengers must undergo a PCR test on arrival in Dubai and self‑quarantine until they receive a negative result. In the event the passenger tests positive, then they should follow the guidelines issued by the relevant Health Authority in the Emirate of Dubai.

So it could be random testing but I'm not 100% sure if this is the case, but good news that no expensive test before travelling 🙂

This takes a big worry off my chest. Does msc allow antigen test within 72 hours for virtuoso?

6 minutes ago, thepla said:

This takes a big worry off my chest. Does msc allow antigen test within 72 hours for virtuoso?

MSC requirement for a cruise only booking is a negative PCR test 72 hours before embarkation and 48hrs for a fly cruise, so hopefully the one on arrival at Dubai airport is still in effect which would most likely cover most people, if you are in Dubai longer then you would need to arrange one at your hotel.

16 minutes ago, NightWoman said:

MSC requirement for a cruise only booking is a negative PCR test 72 hours before embarkation and 48hrs for a fly cruise, so hopefully the one on arrival at Dubai airport is still in effect which would most likely cover most people, if you are in Dubai longer then you would need to arrange one at your hotel.

I see that on their website. I was hoping they were following Dubai rules and OK with Antigen test for ship. I am trying to call to see if they are changing. Their message while waiting does say they change per local regulations.

20 hours ago, thepla said:

I do not see where PCR test is not needed.

image.thumb.png.bec5da42c547f5445fbfc187292bcc47.png

The information on Emirates website was updated yesterday

Requirements for all passengers arriving in Dubai

Effective 26 February 2022, passengers travelling to Dubai from all countries (GCC included) must fulfil one of the below requirements

1. Present a valid vaccination certificate(s) reflecting that the passenger is fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the WHO or the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and includes a QR code System; or
  2. Present a valid Negative Covid‑19 Test certificate that should be based on a molecular diagnostic test intended for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid for SARS‑COV‑2 viral RNA, that is issued within 48 hours from the time of sample collection and issued by an approved health service provider, with a QR code System; or
  3. Present a valid medical certificate issued by the relevant authorities that the passenger has recovered from Coronavirus SARS Cov‑19 within a period of one 1 month from the date of recovery to the date of arrival, with a QR code System

Note that printed or digital PCR test certificates or vaccination certificates, are accepted in English or Arabic and must include a QR Code. SMS certificates are not accepted. COVID 19 PCR Test or Vaccination certificates in other languages are acceptable if they can be validated at the departure point.

For Transit Passenger(s), the rules and conditions for entry at the final destination will apply.

2 hours ago, NightWoman said:

The information on Emirates website was updated yesterday

Requirements for all passengers arriving in Dubai

Effective 26 February 2022, passengers travelling to Dubai from all countries (GCC included) must fulfil one of the below requirements

1. Present a valid vaccination certificate(s) reflecting that the passenger is fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the WHO or the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and includes a QR code System; or
  2. Present a valid Negative Covid‑19 Test certificate that should be based on a molecular diagnostic test intended for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid for SARS‑COV‑2 viral RNA, that is issued within 48 hours from the time of sample collection and issued by an approved health service provider, with a QR code System; or
  3. Present a valid medical certificate issued by the relevant authorities that the passenger has recovered from Coronavirus SARS Cov‑19 within a period of one 1 month from the date of recovery to the date of arrival, with a QR code System

Note that printed or digital PCR test certificates or vaccination certificates, are accepted in English or Arabic and must include a QR Code. SMS certificates are not accepted. COVID 19 PCR Test or Vaccination certificates in other languages are acceptable if they can be validated at the departure point.

For Transit Passenger(s), the rules and conditions for entry at the final destination will apply.

When I go to site still says what I posted. Maybe some cache issue.

Do you know what msc rule will be? If I have negative test 72 hours prior to boarding time will they test at port? I know we don't travel for over two weeks and if you call msc their recording indicates they will follow rules of country. So maybe they might change between now and mid March.

I doubt MSC will change their rules.  The PCR test entry requirements to Dubai were a temporary requirement due to omicron - when I cruised in December I only needed proof of vaccination to enter Dubai, but still needed a PCR test to board the ship.

Also, UAE doesn't seem to do rapid tests (don't know why, but they do have enormous PCR test capacity so it isn't an issue) which is why MSC cannot give all passengers a rapid test before boarding.  

If I get PCR test here in US less than 72 hours before my 10am boarding will that work to board or will I need to take a test on ship after arriving?

If I can take it here I would do home test to hopefully eliminate a postitive PCR. In case PCR is not ready prioir to flying it will be in my email while in air on way to Dubai.

I think you need to take the test at the airport or in Dubai, but you can try.   The worst that can happen is you have to take another test at Dubai port (at a cost of USD42 - expensive by Dubai standards but I think reasonable if coming from US).

MSC says:

"A mandatory COVID-19 test is organized at the airport (free of charge with a cruise ticket) upon arrival. This mandatory test does not replace the one needed to enter the U.A.E and it is required to embark on the ship /cruise."

Source: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/dubai-abu-dhabi-qatar

1 hour ago, 8420PR said:

I think you need to take the test at the airport or in Dubai, but you can try.   The worst that can happen is you have to take another test at Dubai port (at a cost of USD42 - expensive by Dubai standards but I think reasonable if coming from US).

MSC says:

"A mandatory COVID-19 test is organized at the airport (free of charge with a cruise ticket) upon arrival. This mandatory test does not replace the one needed to enter the U.A.E and it is required to embark on the ship /cruise."

Source: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/dubai-abu-dhabi-qatar

I think Dubai is prior and Abu Dhabi needs extra one. Not sure I read this properly. Still couple weeks,away so who knows what will change.

On 2/27/2022 at 3:25 PM, thepla said:

When I go to site still says what I posted. Maybe some cache issue.

Do you know what msc rule will be? If I have negative test 72 hours prior to boarding time will they test at port? I know we don't travel for over two weeks and if you call msc their recording indicates they will follow rules of country. So maybe they might change between now and mid March.

From what I can gather, even though Dubai have lifted their restrictions about PCR testing, MSC still want passengers to have a PCR test either 48hrs for fly cruise and  72hrs for cruise only before travel then another PCR test on arrival in Dubai 

So triple Vaccinated then 2 PCR tests within a few days of each other 😏

I am trying to get clarification from my TA about this as it seems to be a bit excessive. 

4 hours ago, NightWoman said:

From what I can gather, even though Dubai have lifted their restrictions about PCR testing, MSC still want passengers to have a PCR test either 48hrs for fly cruise and  72hrs for cruise only before travel then another PCR test on arrival in Dubai 

So triple Vaccinated then 2 PCR tests within a few days of each other 😏

I am trying to get clarification from my TA about this as it seems to be a bit excessive. 

From US it is difficult for 3 day timing.

On 1/29/2022 at 3:36 PM, bjstrand said:

Hello Sir,

my wife and I were also on the Jan 14 sailing with you. I agree with everything you wrote and will truly miss the spoiled feeling of being on a ship that was only 1/3 full. 

Second to last day our room attendant's roommate tested positive and he was quarantined also. We were originally told he had hurt his foot and required rest but we got the truth out from another attendant. I wish they had given us the straight story first. I felt the boat rolled a lot on the outbound trip but I wonder if that is a function of fewer people, supplies etc. or if that is characteristic of that class of ship. 

We had one independently booked island at St Kitts and Nevis as well as St Maarten. We had 4 people on the island tour and swim day. All very professional and safety first oriented. All the rest were with the ship and they tried really hard to keep us in our bubble as we traveled. No worries at all.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:46 AM, Banjo an said:

Having boarded Virtuosa yesterday we are still in Dubai and sail for Sir Bani Yas this evening.

We are experience cruisers but had never sailed with MSC before so we didn’t know what to expect.

Positives: Check in at the port was a little bit chaotic but not bad and we were onboard by midday.

The ship is spotless with continual cleaning going on all the time. Everyone is wearing masks and all covid prevention steps are very reassuring.

We watched a show after dinner last night and there was a crew member walking around the theatre during the performance reprimanding anyone who had no mask on. They immediately complied. 

The lifts are excellent. You simply press a board outside the lift to say which floor you want which then tells you which Lift to take and it then goes to the chosen floor without stopping at other floors.
Negatives: On entering the dining room for dinner last night we waited for the waiter to bring over a menu. He told us to use our phones to download the menu. We had left our phones in the cabin which didn’t impress the waiter who eventually brought over a piece of paper with the menu on and told us to share it!

This was happening a lot through the restaurant. Most people these days have modern phones (but not everyone) so it could be a problem for some.

The food:  The meal was mediocre to say the least (But it was hot))

There is very little wardrobe and storage space.

The only soap in the bathroom is liquid in dispensers. The toilet paper is like tissue paper and is not perforated so it rips into pieces.

There are many nationalities on board but they are predominantly British and Russian. The latter don’t believe in queueing or obeying the no smoking rules.

Hope this report helps. It’s a case of: You get what you pay for!

On 2/23/2022 at 4:25 PM, missnowy said:

Have just returned from this cruise.

We had to book an MSC excursion for Doha which I would not recommend as we were not allowed to leave our guide. Not allowed to shop either.

We had a bad experience also with our guide as her microphone was not working properly so we were unable to hear her properly , so a waste of a trip.

23 hours ago, thepla said:

I think Dubai is prior and Abu Dhabi needs extra one. Not sure I read this properly. Still couple weeks,away so who knows what will change.

Spoke with mSC. Landing at Dubai you can take the free pCR (I arrive on 16th) then board ship on 19th.  PCR is also required for Abu Dhabi but they said if you buy an excursion the cost of the ship pCR is included.  Otherwise you have to pay for a pCR on ship to wander off on your own.   This was accurate as of yesterday.  

Am I correct that I will not need pCR before leaving London?

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 6:50 AM, Outofofficeon said:

Spoke with mSC. Landing at Dubai you can take the free pCR (I arrive on 16th) then board ship on 19th.  PCR is also required for Abu Dhabi but they said if you buy an excursion the cost of the ship pCR is included.  Otherwise you have to pay for a pCR on ship to wander off on your own.   This was accurate as of yesterday.  

Am I correct that I will not need pCR before leaving London?

I read same thing. Something doesn't make sense. Dubai has no COVID test it we meet criteria of fully vaccinated upon arrival. 

It would seem if we have negative PCR test while at home, Chicago for me, within 72 hours we should  be ok to board, or don't require first test and take test at airport upon arrival.

On 3/1/2022 at 8:50 PM, Outofofficeon said:

So many lies 😄

And it is ridiculous that MSC tells you you can take a free PCR test at the airport on March 16. They don´t even know if this still exists today. I doubt it, why should they offer the free test with the new entry regulations? Just for MSC? 

Anyway, as you land on 16 and board on 19, you can easily do the very cheap PCR test in Dubai or even the free test at the EXPO. 

NOTHING is needed to go off the ship in Abu Dhabi and SBY, just your cruise card. Download and set up the Careem app before your trip, you probably will need it in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. 

Edited by perakcruiser

6 hours ago, thepla said:

I read same thing. Something doesn't make sense. Dubai has no COVID test it we meet criteria of fully vaccinated upon arrival.

The OP said "Passengers traveling to Dubai no longer need to have a pre-departure PCR test if fully vaccinated and have valid vaccine certificate with a QR code."

I didn't look at UAE rules but if the waiver of the covid test requirement only occurs if you have a QR code, then the test would still apply to Americans because our CDC vaccination cards do not include a QR code. QR codes is a European thing.

1 hour ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

The OP said "Passengers traveling to Dubai no longer need to have a pre-departure PCR test if fully vaccinated and have valid vaccine certificate with a QR code."

I didn't look at UAE rules but if the waiver of the covid test requirement only occurs if you have a QR code, then the test would still apply to Americans because our CDC vaccination cards do not include a QR code. QR codes is a European thing.

I read this on Emirates web site, so no idea if it is a European thing.  Downloading my NHS app and printing off gives me a QR scan code.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Outofofficeon said:

I read this on Emirates web site, so no idea if it is a European thing.  Downloading my NHS app and printing off gives me a QR scan code.

I agree. I have with qr code for me and added my son to account and his has code.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 8:53 PM, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

you can generate a QR code for your vaccine on the CDC website.

On 3/3/2022 at 6:53 PM, perakcruiser said:

NOTHING is needed to go off the ship in Abu Dhabi and SBY, just your cruise card. Download and set up the Careem app before your trip, you probably will need it in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. 

do we need testing to enter businesses (or getting the green pass on the Al hosn app)?

On 3/3/2022 at 2:21 PM, thepla said:

It would seem if we have negative PCR test while at home, Chicago for me, within 72 hours we should  be ok to board, or don't require first test and take test at airport upon arrival.

requirements for Abu Dhabi is different from Dubai. In Abu Dhabi, to enter any businesses you need to have been tested in the UAE within 14 days if you are vaccinated. 

Anyone able to clarify? Flying to Dubai on the 21st April, embarking on the Bellissima on the 23rd April.... so me and my husband need a pcr 72 hours before to be able to board? Also when it comes to being fully vaccinated I've had 2 jabs plus a booster and my husband has had 2 jabs no booster.... does he need his booster to be classed as fully vaccinated as we've never had to have a booster to be fully vaccinated before...? Thanks guys!

I have just contacted MSC re PCR test requirements for boarding Virtuosa in Dubai on the 26th March. They have stated that for fully vaccinated passengers they require a PCR test 72 hours before embarkation , even though this is not required for entry to Dubai, and  then another PCR test on arrival at Dubai airport. 
Does anyone have experience of the actual requirements that were applied on a recent embarkation in Dubai. 
Thanks  

3 hours ago, FEDERICOGRUMP said:

I have just contacted MSC re PCR test requirements for boarding Virtuosa in Dubai on the 26th March. They have stated that for fully vaccinated passengers they require a PCR test 72 hours before embarkation , even though this is not required for entry to Dubai, and  then another PCR test on arrival at Dubai airport. 
Does anyone have experience of the actual requirements that were applied on a recent embarkation in Dubai. 
Thanks  

I have no experience and on same cruise. We are taking PCR test tomorrow and hopefully they give results in 1 or 2 days and not later or same day. I would rather be doing quick one here just to try my hardest to not be positive at pier. Not sure how they would actaully know if we took one prior and one at pier or upon arrival in Dubai. It would be rediculous to check both if we are negative at pier or at airport.

Only thing that comes to me as a reason is we can board with test at airport and no results with a sticker from airport. In theory we could be postive here at home and they would not know until we are on ship for a day or so.