ON LINE CHECK IN WITH P&O

Bav

When you go to online check in on P&O  web site, it states that you will need the following :-

1. Booking ref Number.......no problem

2. Passport Details  ...........no problem

3 Payment card...................no problem

4. PASSPORT STYLE PHOTOS   ??          I  have never needed these before.    I have tried to contact P&O customer services  but they never  reply !!      Why do we need them ?    If we do, do you upload them to P&O ?   What is the point when they are on passport and your picture is normally taken before boarding.

Thank  you

• Like 1

They are used for your cruise card and show in the computer on boarding/disembarking. They have replaced the photo taken at check in. Yes you upload them via your My P&O.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

They are used for your cruise card and show in the computer on boarding/disembarking. They have replaced the photo taken at check in. Yes you upload them via your My P&O.

Can you wear your glasses and more importantly are you allowed to smile as obviously you are not on your passport photo. My passport photo is dreadful 😆

I think I read on here once that if you do not do them online they take your picture the old way - there will be dozens of passengers who do not have a computer or smart phone who get their TA to do everything for them, and this gets missed.

Wear your normal day specs if appropriate.

I suggest the meerest of smirks (to reflect that you are actually getting on a cruise ship - we're still waiting!) against a plain background will do nicely!

Edited by bbtablet

I  have again gone into P&O  my cruise details, which I have completed for my wife and myself... I cannot see anywhere  a facility to up load photos....  any  suggestions, please ?

1 hour ago, Bav said:

I  have again gone into P&O  my cruise details, which I have completed for my wife and myself... I cannot see anywhere  a facility to up load photos....  any  suggestions, please ?

I think you were given the choice of scanning or another question? Go to the other question and click on. The camera on your computer will take the photo. You will get a square come up on the screen. Now line your head up within the square and keep still. Eventually the screen changes and thats because its taken your photo. You can check if you like and if not ,try again. I tried numerous times and gave up!!...I look like someone from the most wanted poster!!

Chris

3 hours ago, Bav said:

When you go to online check in on P&O  web site, it states that you will need the following :-

1. Booking ref Number.......no problem

2. Passport Details  ...........no problem

3 Payment card...................no problem

4. PASSPORT STYLE PHOTOS   ??          I  have never needed these before.    I have tried to contact P&O customer services  but they never  reply !!      Why do we need them ?    If we do, do you upload them to P&O ?   What is the point when they are on passport and your picture is normally taken before boarding.

Thank  you

During on line check in I use my Android mobile phone and you are asked to allow P&O access to your camera and photos then you can scan your face and a scan is taken and you are told if it is successful and it says so on the online check-in form.

P&O like RC say it is to speed up check in at the terminal but in my experience they still take your photo at the terminal which takes about 30 seconds.

Graham.

On 3/1/2022 at 4:37 PM, Bav said:

Once you are able to check in the photo option is here. I understand everything is done before hand so cruise cards are in your cabin. 

photo screen.JPG