Upsell through Cruise Manager

ninjacat123

7 hours ago, Ihearttravel11 said:

How close to the cruise is an upsell typically offered? We have 5 months to go until ours. I am curious as to when I should start looking for a potential upsell.
Thanks!

We sail in May, so about 60 days out.  I have no idea when upsells happen, this is our first carnival cruise.  

I guess the only perk is priority embarkment.  Oh well, this is a test run to see if we like carnival after only cruising princess.  

We got a phone call for an upsell offer back in May 2019 on the Paradise to Cuba.  Never saw it in my Cruise Manager, but I said "Hell Yes" on the phone so may have jsut never seen it.  Went from one of the balconies that were added to the top deck to a suite for $200 total.  Well worth it!  This happened 5 days from sailing.

• Like 1

Wow, I am going to watch for this, thanks for the information on where to see this. I will check daily.  I went with an inside room because my traveling partners were being cheapskates,  LOL.   We do have adjoining rooms,  so maybe we can get balcony upgrades nearby each other if we are offered.  Sailing on the Mardi Gras  4/23/22

• Like 1

I just checked my cruise manager and have an upgrade option but for only one of my cabins, the one that I and my spouse will be in.  The issue that I'm having is that the other cabin (right next door) has our sons, ages 24 and 16.  I'm so tempted to take the upgrade as it's for a balcony (we're in the deluxe oceanviews with the 2 bathrooms).

Decisions, decisions...

I think I'm going to email my PVP and ask her if it's possible to get the upgrade for both cabins...

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 4:07 PM, ninjacat123 said:

This was a first for me.  I've had Carnival call and offer an upsell or send me an email about a special deal but this surprised me.  I checked my May 28 Ecstasy 5 day cruise on my Cruise Manager and a pop-up appeared offering an upsell from an interior to a balcony for $200 total.  Since I have myself and my 2 DDs in the same room I thought "heck yes!" and clicked on the button to approve the upsell.  All went through and the modification is reflected in the Cruise Manager.  I was lucky I checked on my cruise so I could take advantage of this.

Anyone else have an upsell like this?

I got an upsell but it was by email, not by website.  We also got a balcony on our March sailing for an extra $200.  Good deal and I snatched it up.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LadyMac72 said:

I got an upsell but it was by email, not by website.  We also got a balcony on our March sailing for an extra $200.  Good deal and I snatched it up.  Enjoy!

Would you mind sharing the email subject? Thanks!