Current Health Protocols

danp2482

Hi everyone! Just wondering what type of health protocols are still in place for St. Thomas. Sailing there in a few weeks and don't know what to expect. Not sure the stuff I've found is most recent. Has anyone been recently?

On 3/4/2022 at 11:09 AM, danp2482 said:

Hi everyone! Just wondering what type of health protocols are still in place for St. Thomas. Sailing there in a few weeks and don't know what to expect. Not sure the stuff I've found is most recent. Has anyone been recently?

I am there today.

Currently everyone is supposed to wear masks while off the ship and in port. I think technically you can take them off outdoors but overall you’re supposed to wear them regardless of vaccination status.

Of course a lot of tourists weren’t following those rules. I’d say maybe 50%. A couple locals weren’t either to be fair, but mostly everyone was. I saw some people denied entry into shops because they weren’t wearing a mask.

17 hours ago, sergel02 said:

I am there today.

Currently everyone is supposed to wear masks while off the ship and in port. I think technically you can take them off outdoors but overall you’re supposed to wear them regardless of vaccination status.

Of course a lot of tourists weren’t following those rules. I’d say maybe 50%. A couple locals weren’t either to be fair, but mostly everyone was. I saw some people denied entry into shops because they weren’t wearing a mask.

Thank you! Just to clarify, you're saying mostly everyone was wearing masks? Even outside?

5 hours ago, danp2482 said:

Thank you! Just to clarify, you're saying mostly everyone was wearing masks? Even outside?

Outside it seemed to be much less, I would say the 50% is those more inside, as that’s what I noticed. 

We were there 2 weeks ago.  Took a cab to Sapphire Beach (6 in our group).  Wore masks coming off the ship and through the port area.  Shared our cab with another couple (they live there 3 months out of the year) and none of us passengers wore our masks.  Had to wear them when we were under the roof top of the bar, but not on the beach.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 3:02 PM, Sunny AZ Girl said:

There are not limitations on private tours or taxi's in St Thomas, then?

Are taxi's plentiful at the port?

No limitations when we docked onboard RCI Explorer. Yes, lot's of taxi's at Crown Bay this past Monday March 28th.