X Club - an older kid's hangout?

TW0589

I'm about to book a cruise for myself and my 12 year old son.  We saw on the deck plan of the Equinox the "X Club."  We're hoping that's a hangout area for older kids with X boxes and what-not.  Can anyone confirm or shed light on whether that's the case?  And what the minimum age is to use it?  He's concerned it may be for "teens" only.

Thanks.

The teen club has a great hang out place for teens, they have a blast with both organized and self run activities.  My oldest son has attended 4 times now, always has a fun time.  The first time we sailed Celebrity he was allowed in at age 12, best check and see it its still the case. Enjoy the cruise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TW0589 said:

So the X Club is the teens club?  I can't find anything about it on the website and couldn't get anyone to answer the phone when I called, but I'll try again.

The teen program is for ages 13-17. I believe the space onboard for teens is called X Club. There are X-Boxs etc. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 3/6/2022 at 2:23 PM, lobsternight said:

The teen club has a great hang out place for teens, they have a blast with both organized and self run activities.  My oldest son has attended 4 times now, always has a fun time.  The first time we sailed Celebrity he was allowed in at age 12, best check and see it its still the case. Enjoy the cruise

I think the age was once 12 but has been raised to 13. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 3/6/2022 at 2:09 PM, TW0589 said:

I'm about to book a cruise for myself and my 12 year old son.  We saw on the deck plan of the Equinox the "X Club."  We're hoping that's a hangout area for older kids with X boxes and what-not.  Can anyone confirm or shed light on whether that's the case?  And what the minimum age is to use it?  He's concerned it may be for "teens" only.

Thanks.

If you check some of the walk throughs on YouTube I think there Xboxes in the club for younger groups as well.

8 minutes ago, juksing said:

If you check some of the walk throughs on YouTube I think there Xboxes in the club for younger groups as well.

The photos seem to show PlayStations not X boxes for both the younger age groups and teens but not knowing when the photos were taken I would not go by the photos. I would guess someone actually on board now or recently can confirm. 

9 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The photos seem to show PlayStations not X boxes for both the younger age groups and teens but not knowing when the photos were taken I would not go by the photos. I would guess someone actually on board now or recently can confirm. 

Just went over a YouTube walk through for Summit dated Jan 30 2022 and the branding on the wall says Xbox and the model looks like the older generation Xbox one S model. So maybe it differs ship to ship and based upon refurb schedule.  

My son sailed has sailed on Celebrity at age 12 as well as 14 and 16. I think they are pretty flexible and make age groupings according to who shows up on any given sailing. We took my son to register when he was 12, but he went there on his own at 14 and 16.  He was in more structured activities at age 12 and had a blast. His previous cruises had been on Disney and he had outgrown their kid’s clubs. They were allowed gaming time on the X-boxes, had tournaments, did scavenger hunts, watched movies, etc. It was over Springbreak, so there were a fair number of kids on board.  I don’t remember if they had any older teens. They were well supervised. The X club was just a meeting point when he was 14/16 so he and the other kids his age that he met could roam the ship where they wanted:  the pool deck, fitness club, basketball court, buffet and some of the lounges (on a limited basis, mostly Al Bacio). They spent little to no time gaming on the Xboxes and they did not have many (if any)activities led by the staff beyond the first few days. I’d like to think they were well-behaved; I didn’t hear about any staff or adult passenger complaints. This year he is 18 and “aged out”. I think he’ll still look to see who shows up at the teen club at the start of the cruise to find “his peeps” to hang with. I know there were a few older (18 and over) kids in his group on our last cruise. Hope that’s helpful. 

Edited by Water babies
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, juksing said:

Just went over a YouTube walk through for Summit dated Jan 30 2022 and the branding on the wall says Xbox and the model looks like the older generation Xbox one S model. So maybe it differs ship to ship and based upon refurb schedule.  

They must have  X-Boxes or they replaced any Play Stations with X Boxes. I don't think they would have X box branding up if they did not have them. Usually having branding up is an agreement made  with the vendor.

21 hours ago, Water babies said:

My son sailed has sailed on Celebrity at age 12 as well as 14 and 16. I think they are pretty flexible and make age groupings according to who shows up on any given sailing. We took my son to register when he was 12, but he went there on his own at 14 and 16.  He was in more structured activities at age 12 and had a blast. His previous cruises had been on Disney and he had outgrown their kid’s clubs. They were allowed gaming time on the X-boxes, had tournaments, did scavenger hunts, watched movies, etc. It was over Springbreak, so there were a fair number of kids on board.  I don’t remember if they had any older teens. They were well supervised. The X club was just a meeting point when he was 14/16 so he and the other kids his age that he met could roam the ship where they wanted:  the pool deck, fitness club, basketball court, buffet and some of the lounges (on a limited basis, mostly Al Bacio). They spent little to no time gaming on the Xboxes and they did not have many (if any)activities led by the staff beyond the first few days. I’d like to think they were well-behaved; I didn’t hear about any staff or adult passenger complaints. This year he is 18 and “aged out”. I think he’ll still look to see who shows up at the teen club at the start of the cruise to find “his peeps” to hang with. I know there were a few older (18 and over) kids in his group on our last cruise. Hope that’s helpful. 

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and informed response.  You have had much better luck with your son and the clubs than I have.  I have never been able to get my son interested in the kid's clubs on cruises--on any cruise line.  Although he is a very social club, he doesn't like the clubs and won't stay in them.  I'm hoping if he can come and go as he pleases, he might make some friends, enjoy some kid time.  If not, he will once again be my constant companion.  Which is fine, but surely not as fun for him.

Just an FYI, save those sign and sail cards, your kids will get credit for the cruises sailed when they turn 18. Although Celebrity keeps good records, computer systems change and records are lost. My kids lost a couple of cruise but were still elite when 18.

• Like 1