Move up question

eccsr

I won a bid to Aqua class. I was under the impression I get to eat in the Blu restaurant and the use of the spa perks that come with Aqua class. I saw on my reservation they still had me down for late seating. Does the upgrade not include the perks?  

Edited by eccsr

Congratulations! We love Blu and Aqua class. Celebrity is weird about dining. They seem to require some sort of place holder on the reservation. Ignore that. Blu is come when you like with no reservation needed. 

Edited by thebutlerdidit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eccsr said:

I won a bid to Aqua class. I was under the impression I get to eat in the Blu restaurant and the use of the spa perks that come with Aqua class. I saw on my reservation they still had me down for late seating. Does the upgrade not include the perks?  

Hi just wondering when you are sailing? I had bids in for upcoming cruise on 3/19 and as of this past weekend all bids are expired except the Aqua Class one which won't let me do anything like change my bid or cancel it. I have read on other threads that this is a sign that you will be winning your bid but I was wondering how close you were before you found out you won the bid. TIA

I did a MoveUp a few years ago, problem now is we only want to do Aquaclass! Yes you get access to the spa and dining in Blu. Do not worry about the timing, it is come as you want. Only had to wait once and that was because they knew we would prefer a window. Amazing service.

Other "perks" as in drink package, gratuities, and wi-fi is based on your original booking.

Enjoy!

39 minutes ago, Journey21 said:

Hi just wondering when you are sailing? I had bids in for upcoming cruise on 3/19 and as of this past weekend all bids are expired except the Aqua Class one which won't let me do anything like change my bid or cancel it. I have read on other threads that this is a sign that you will be winning your bid but I was wondering how close you were before you found out you won the bid. TIA

Not OP, but we are sailing on 3/12 and got our confirmation email on Monday 3/7. Our upgrade to AQ was also "locked" in pending for a while, with no way for us to modify/cancel. I guess we could have called/emailed (if we wanted to modify our bid), but we are thrilled with the MoveUP success!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, killsport said:

Not OP, but we are sailing on 3/12 and got our confirmation email on Monday 3/7. Our upgrade to AQ was also "locked" in pending for a while, with no way for us to modify/cancel. I guess we could have called/emailed (if we wanted to modify our bid), but we are thrilled with the MoveUP success!!!

Thank you for your response. I guess we will continue to wait and keep our fingers crossed. Hopefully next week we will get an email from the upgrade fairy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Journey21 said:

Are you on the 3/19 for the Summit? I won my minimum bid for AQ from a veranda on that sailing last Thursday. But they seem to be processing bids at a slow trickle. I track inventory daily and the day I won, my old veranda was the only new veranda to become available and my new AQ was the only one to become unavailable. There were still 69 AQ cabins available at that point. As of yesterday, there were still 63. So if they are processing bids, they are doing so very slowly.

7 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Are you on the 3/19 for the Summit? I won my minimum bid for AQ from a veranda on that sailing last Thursday. But they seem to be processing bids at a slow trickle. I track inventory daily and the day I won, my old veranda was the only new veranda to become available and my new AQ was the only one to become unavailable. There were still 69 AQ cabins available at that point. As of yesterday, there were still 63. So if they are processing bids, they are doing so very slowly.

What is the best way to track the inventory like that?

54 minutes ago, eccsr said:

Thank you for your replies. I just got onboard and looks like I get the perks. I wish that Celebrity customer service had known this info. Bon voyage…

The only item is if you used the term "perks" when speaking with customer service. All it takes is an agent who has selective hearing and hears the term "perks." With Celebrity "perks" mean OBC, gratuities and drink package. You keep the "perks" you booked... Especially confusing when moving into Suites as you do not get the premium drink package.

I know you meant "perks" as in Blu & Spa access... that is probably where the confusion lay.

1 hour ago, Ommadawn said:

What is the best way to track the inventory like that?

I use a TA site that lets me click into each category on a sailing and when I go to the "Interactive View", it gives me a total number of rooms available in that category. Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to mention specific TA sites on Cruise Critic. It's still a tedious process, because I have to click into each individual category (2A, 2B, 2C, A1, A2, etc.), but it's not quite as bad as doing a mock booking on the Celebrity site and manually counting up the available rooms.

• Thanks 1

I use a red-striped big box store's travel website that shows the availability by category and floor. It doesn't total the rooms for me, but I get a pretty good idea of what's available. I don't use that site to book, as I find other travel agents are more competitive with pricing and perks.

9 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Hi, no we are on the Apex. I have been watching inventory as well. There were around 50 cabins in the past couple of weeks but it looks like they are down to about 23. They have lowered the price on all available categories. I told my husband maybe they are trying to sell them and if not they will issue the move up. The only thing is there are several veranda's still available but they expired that offer not sure why. I am just hoping what I have read is true and when they expire all other bids and leave 1 pending your move up most likely will be made.