Live Cruising Review Symphony of the Seas 3/12/2022 - 3/19/2022 Plenty of Pictures!!!

Caught up again, Benny. I guess I need to devote more of my day to keeping up with Cruise Critic. 🤣 Priorities! 

I loved your walk in Cozumel. I’ve been to Cozumel enough times that I’ve stopped counting. As a diver, 🤿 when we’re in Cozumel I get off the ship, I get on a dive boat and spend my time underwater enjoying the beautiful reefs. It’s nice to see the Cozumel that everybody else sees for a change. 😎

I have mixed feelings about the piano man. He’s entertaining - as long as he stays out of the elevators! The elevators are too crowded most of the time to be giving up space to a piano. Plus an elevator is not my idea of a good venue to listen to a piano player. I liked where he was in your pictures. 😃

I liked your pictures of Hooked. Sadly, I’ll most likely never go there due to my seafood allergies. It looks really good, but not for me. I’ll stick to virtual visits to Hooked.

Great pics of Hiro! We loved that show so much that we, too, saw it twice.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, perfect match said:

Caught up again, Benny. I guess I need to devote more of my day to keeping up with Cruise Critic. 🤣 Priorities! 

I loved your walk in Cozumel. I’ve been to Cozumel enough times that I’ve stopped counting. As a diver, 🤿 when we’re in Cozumel I get off the ship, I get on a dive boat and spend my time underwater enjoying the beautiful reefs. It’s nice to see the Cozumel that everybody else sees for a change. 😎

I have mixed feelings about the piano man. He’s entertaining - as long as he stays out of the elevators! The elevators are too crowded most of the time to be giving up space to a piano. Plus an elevator is not my idea of a good venue to listen to a piano player. I liked where he was in your pictures. 😃

I liked your pictures of Hooked. Sadly, I’ll most likely never go there due to my seafood allergies. It looks really good, but not for me. I’ll stick to virtual visits to Hooked.

Great pics of Hiro! We loved that show so much that we, too, saw it twice.

You are falling behind on your most important priority 😝.  Cozumel is a great place to dive, to snorkel and play on the beach but it’s also great on foot!  It works up a good appetite!!!

I am glad you can virtually visit hook!!  It is a great place for seafood!

I loved it so much I went back for the third showing at night.  The two day time shows were so hot that I could not sit through the entirety!  Best aqua show ever followed by Aqua 80s.

Flight looks awesome!  I'm pretty sure we saw a show entitled Flight on Oasis in 2015, but it sure looked different. I do remember seeing an airplane (but not the biplane) during the backstage tour.

If we ever cruise on Symphony I'll have to convince my husband to sit in the center.  He doesn't do stairs very well, so we sat to the far side of the hightop/bar seating in the big sidechairs on Anthem.  We always chose to sit on the sides anyway, but further down, towards the balcony railing (I'm too short to see over that railing!) -- in the before times when stairs weren't an issue.  We have two cruises next month to try out a few steps!

• Like 2

Benny - thank you for this great live cruise from Symphony. Will be sailing April 23 and can't wait! My first time on Royal, so I greatly appreciate all this content that is keeping me excited as I count down. Enjoy your last couple of days!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

Is that per day or per cruise?

Per day.  As Benny has demonstrated, you could go to Izumi at 530 for a snack and spend up to 35, then have dinner reservations at Hooked or Chops at say 830.   You get to do this each and every night of your cruise.  You also get embarkation day lunch and lunch on each sea day from 1200-130.  On port days, you could have a late lunch at Playmakers when they open around 300 or Johnnie Rockets when they open about 200.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, salbert2314 said:

Benny - thank you for this great live cruise from Symphony. Will be sailing April 23 and can't wait! My first time on Royal, so I greatly appreciate all this content that is keeping me excited as I count down. Enjoy your last couple of days!

Enjoy your cruise!   It is an amazing ship!  Make your reservations… things are getting back to normal …

1 hour ago, joand452 said:

Flight looks awesome!  I'm pretty sure we saw a show entitled Flight on Oasis in 2015, but it sure looked different. I do remember seeing an airplane (but not the biplane) during the backstage tour.

If we ever cruise on Symphony I'll have to convince my husband to sit in the center.  He doesn't do stairs very well, so we sat to the far side of the hightop/bar seating in the big sidechairs on Anthem.  We always chose to sit on the sides anyway, but further down, towards the balcony railing (I'm too short to see over that railing!) -- in the before times when stairs weren't an issue.  We have two cruises next month to try out a few steps!

I don’t even know how to describe this… perhaps someone else can.  Sit in the middle center section so you get a good view!  If you sit all the way in the back you will miss a few things that flies out or drop down I think.  But don’t hurt yourself or your husband … this show is not worth the risk!

Edited by BennyBrun

Day 6 Disembarkation information

its funny how every ship is doing their own thing… Wonder wants you out of the room by 8AM and wait at a public area, Symphony you wait in your state room to wait for your number to be called.

49551095-913D-435F-9957-26E23999D642.jpeg

DE8E115C-0E9D-422B-B94D-E80E703E3D4D.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6

Wonderland … the mushroom 🍄 does not come with the World.  I just wanted to have the mushroom but not the whole dessert so … 

This is such a great idea! The mushroom dessert as a whole is nowhere near the caliber of the World but still fun. I may have to ask for a side mushroom next time I go to Wonderland!

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 6:49 PM, BennyBrun said:

Day 4 Hiro

“Backstage” area after the aerial scene!

867230C6-5D68-46EB-9F6F-8AE6020C6602.jpeg

862D5A27-A222-4A17-B1E6-F1057AA95A31.jpeg

BCDAABAA-090A-41CD-9DE5-345EE3864B14.jpeg

3825CCCC-AFC0-4966-946D-975F0F8C4263.jpeg

DB7ECF1A-E0C9-4017-B002-6ADFE13B81A1.jpeg

8C338584-0378-427C-9D35-E1E86052B839.jpeg

FFA4FC5D-79B6-4D94-8F25-869B62848373.jpeg

IMG_9301.MOV

can I ask a ? about the water shows-  do people sitting in the front get splashed/wet? ( I only ask as I wear hearing aids- so have to be careful of not getting splashed)...  🙂

I am a Benny "newbie" and am absolutely loving your review!  Thanks so much for taking the time to post everything.  We will be on Symphony the end of April and your review is getting us so excited.  I have a couple of questions:  Do you know if the cruise director, Dennis Charles, will still be on Symphony then (April 30 - May 7)?  Also, regarding your boarding time, you mentioned being on the ship before 11am, what was your official arrival time?  They just opened check-in for our sailing and the first arrival window is 11:30am.  We're in a suite and I'm hearing that we can arrive 30 minutes prior to the arrival window.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1