Complimentary in-suite specialty coffees in Suites

heidik

Reflection RS (Feb. 2022) had the Lavazza coffee makers with an assortment of coffees.  It took us awhile experimenting to get the cup of coffee just right.  I had never seen a machine that ate the pods.  The butler brought us some cream cups.  I really liked not having to have set delivery and I don't like to wait for coffee to be delivered after calling so this machine was great for us.  My DH could skip getting dressed to fetch a cup so it also worked for him and for the butler.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

We requested and got a nespresso machine on our Mar 2022 Equinox cruise; However back on her now in Sept and no nespresso in spite of requesting one and pointing out we had one a few months ago....  Getting cappuccino delivered in paper cups is really tacky in a high end suite.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2NHcruisers said:

We requested and got a nespresso machine on our Mar 2022 Equinox cruise; However back on her now in Sept and no nespresso in spite of requesting one and pointing out we had one a few months ago....  Getting cappuccino delivered in paper cups is really tacky in a high end suite.. 

We had a Sky Suite last month on the Reflections and also requested a Nespresso machine and our butler told us they were no longer available for Retreat Suites. Not a high end suite, but we got one last year after requesting one on the Equinox in a Sky Suite. BTW we got Cappuccinos delivered in ceramic mugs with breakfast room service delivered by our butler every morning.

Edited by terrydtx

1 hour ago, 2NHcruisers said:

Nespresso or Lavazza?  Thought they had gone exclusively with the latter.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

We found the commercial Lavazza machines in the Hotels in Italy to be very nice and they make an excellent cup of coffee.

We most recently had one aboard Constellation, and really enjoyed it.  With X going to Lavazza elsewhere in the ship as well, figured that that's what they'd gone with exclusively in upper suites as well.  I bring a few of my own pods, so unless @2NHcruisers can confirm, not sure which ones to bring.

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We found the commercial Lavazza machines in the Hotels in Italy to be very nice and they make an excellent cup of coffee.

I cannot remember last year on the Equinox if we had a Lavazza or Nespresso machine. Only used it a couple of times. They both use a pod to make their product.

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

We most recently had one aboard Constellation, and really enjoyed it.  With X going to Lavazza elsewhere in the ship as well, figured that that's what they'd gone with exclusively in upper suites as well.  I bring a few of my own pods, so unless @2NHcruisers can confirm, not sure which ones to bring.

You are correct is a lavazza pod machine we had. Our butler is currently bringing the coffee in ceramic mugs as I told him I didnt want any paper cups (which we had on the prev cruise til we got the lavazza machine)..  I wish Celeb would think about the little things that make the cruises more enjoyable...

9 minutes ago, 2NHcruisers said:

You are correct is a lavazza pod machine we had. Our butler is currently bringing the coffee in ceramic mugs as I told him I didnt want any paper cups (which we had on the prev cruise til we got the lavazza machine)..  I wish Celeb would think about the little things that make the cruises more enjoyable...

Many thanks for the confirmation.  I bring along some of my own favorite blend in Lavazza compatible pods, so good to be sure.  Lavazza and Nespresso pods don't interchange successfully.

28 minutes ago, 2NHcruisers said:

Not sure how high on the "get it fixed" list paper cups vs mugs rise.  Think Celebrity is trying to source food, liquor and employees.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2NHcruisers said:

9 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Not sure how high on the "get it fixed" list paper cups vs mugs rise.  Think Celebrity is trying to source food, liquor and employees.

9 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Depending on which type of suite you are in, maybe speaking to your assigned onshore Concierge about preferring a mug/cup to a paper cup might solve the problem?

On 3/13/2022 at 1:47 PM, mfs2k said:

My wife gets special treatment in every cruise cabin she’s been in. 
I go get her a coffee or latte in the mornings. 😂

My hubby brings me coffee in bed every morning. I frequently tease him that this has saved our marriage several times. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Keeping my fingers crossed for a coffee machine to appear in Solstice RS. Would really love that and I plan to request from shoreside for 10/22 cruise (no contact yet, I'll call at some point if they don't) and again check when onboard in case the Butler knows of one lying around somewhere.