Another Newbie Q

cruisekitty22

2 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

How is the dress code for 7 nights to the Bahamas?   We DO NOT like to dress up for dinner. No suit/tie.  Can we still eat in the MDR? We are not buffet people either.

What ship?? We just got off of the Seashore for two weeks and first week was dockers and polo for men, capris or slacks or skirt for women.  The second week it was wear whatever you want to dinner, literally! There were bathing suits, whatever. 

Wear what you're comfortable with. The fact that you're even asking the question tells me you won't be underdressed.

Like above poster stated, I don't wear jacket and ties even on formal nights. Formal for me are slacks and long sleeve button down. That's as good as you're getting out of me on vacation and if it's not good enough, that's your problem.🤪

Have a good cruise.

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Standard nice dinner attire is fine. I didn't even wear a suit and tie on formal nights. Polos, khakis, slacks, dresses ........

That's it exactly! Go like if you go to a nice restaurant at home, nothing more special. I ceased to use a suit and tie for cruise dinners on 2014 or so. Really no need to on MSC.

I agree there is no need for more than khakis & polo or dress shirt. On Meraviglia in January they even mentioned in the daily planner on Elegant Night that the choice was yours whether to dress up or not. 

8B32F25A-CFC4-48FF-AB28-26BBF5C052C0.jpeg

6 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

I agree there is no need for more than khakis & polo or dress shirt. On Meraviglia in January they even mentioned in the daily planner on Elegant Night that the choice was yours whether to dress up or not. 

8B32F25A-CFC4-48FF-AB28-26BBF5C052C0.jpeg

On the Seashore it did not say you could go casual on the Elegant evening but most did.