Port Canaveral Pier parking on a Monday

luv2cruise4ever

My daughter and a friend are sailing a RCCL cruise that leaves out of PC on a Monday.  Neither are very experienced cruisers (her friend is a first timer) so I'm trying to make things as simple as possible for them.  They'll be staying Sunday night at a hotel in Cocoa Beach and driving to the port on Monday.  They have a check in time of 11:30.  I'm concerned if the parking deck will be full with cars of those who sailed on Saturday/Sunday.  Is there plenty of parking? Is there a nearby alternative that I can tell them about?

Thanks for the help!!

2 hours ago, luv2cruise4ever said:

My daughter and a friend are sailing a RCCL cruise that leaves out of PC on a Monday.  Neither are very experienced cruisers (her friend is a first timer) so I'm trying to make things as simple as possible for them.  They'll be staying Sunday night at a hotel in Cocoa Beach and driving to the port on Monday.  They have a check in time of 11:30.  I'm concerned if the parking deck will be full with cars of those who sailed on Saturday/Sunday.  Is there plenty of parking? Is there a nearby alternative that I can tell them about?

Thanks for the help!!

The closest to the port (about a mile) is Park Port Canaveral.  They have a nice fenced in paved parking area with shuttles than run continuously.

You can prepay to park.  Use the discount code at the top of their webpage to get the best price.

Cheaper than parking at the port, very close and very convenient.  The shuttles back to the parking lot will be waiting when they walk off the ship…

I have never heard of the port parking turning cars away (for a cruise) because they were full.

Statistically ..... one would expect about the same number of cars to LEAVE having ended their cruise, as will ARRIVE to board . .  .

RCCL has a large parking garage attached to their terminal ... for simplicity it wins but does cost more than offsite options.

Appreciate the quick responses....they're doing the dreaded spring break cruise and my 24 yr old has never cruised without me. In typical fashion, she never paid attention to the 'details' lol so I'm a little anxious about it....probably more so than her.  I'll pass along the option for the off site parking....sounds like a great (aka cheaper) option.  Thanks again!!

https://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

or

https://parkncruiseportcanaveral.com/

which is closest to the port depends on where you measure from ... both are $12 a day with advanced reservation. Both run shuttles ... both have been in operation for years .... both are fenced and lit with video security. I one accidentally left my car unlocked at Park N Cruise and when I got back cash was still in ash tray and ray ban sunglasses in glove compartment.

there are others but these are the only two I'd use ... they are the closest.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 1:52 PM, Capt_BJ said:

I have never heard of the port parking turning cars away (for a cruise) because they were full.

Statistically ..... one would expect about the same number of cars to LEAVE having ended their cruise, as will ARRIVE to board . .  .

RCCL has a large parking garage attached to their terminal ... for simplicity it wins but does cost more than offsite options.

RCI's parking garage is large and it has two side lots (paved and grassy) but there are now more ships leaving from Terminal 1.  And the ships are bigger.  That's why the garage can fill up.  

:classic_wacko:

is it possible? yes

has it happened? 

as a local I've never heard of it ... in fact in the recent past the Port was WAY more concerned about the number of EMPTY spaces in their garages and tried to get off site parking shut down ... <with no success.>

If it had ever happened I can not believe we'd not have seen it ALL OVER this page . . 

it is possible ... yes . . .

actually I can not remember a post from ANY port where someone reported "no parking available" .....

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 5:10 PM, Capt_BJ said:

:classic_wacko:

is it possible? yes

has it happened? 

as a local I've never heard of it ... in fact in the recent past the Port was WAY more concerned about the number of EMPTY spaces in their garages and tried to get off site parking shut down ... <with no success.>

If it had ever happened I can not believe we'd not have seen it ALL OVER this page . . 

it is possible ... yes . . .

actually I can not remember a post from ANY port where someone reported "no parking available" .....

I think I've read on Cruise Critic or the other major Social Media site that there have been some times where all parking spaces including the grassy area were filled -- this may have been during holiday sailings.  However, I can't pinpoint when I read this or provide a link. 

The I do remember the Port Authority trying to put in restrictions to discourage off-site parking - I think these impacted the pick up vehicles.  

On 3/16/2022 at 10:38 AM, luv2cruise4ever said:

Thanks for the help!!

Watching this thread because my daughter, son-in-law and kids are sailing on Mariner although it is a Saturday sailing.  

• 7 months later...
On 3/16/2022 at 1:52 PM, Capt_BJ said:

Although we are handicapped, we were forced to park in a lot, requiring quite a lengthy walk, because the garage was full.  We arrived on a Sunday.  So don't count on their garage since 3 ships are sailing from the pier.

On 10/21/2022 at 11:38 AM, scooter6251 said:

Although we are handicapped, we were forced to park in a lot, requiring quite a lengthy walk, because the garage was full.  We arrived on a Sunday.  So don't count on their garage since 3 ships are sailing from the pier.

What time did you get to the parking garage?