Stranger's contact Info in my Cruise Info.

Luvcrusn

Update: Captains Club rep I spoke with this morning was much better than the two I spoke with over the weekend. He put me in touch with the groups department who fixed the problem. I'm still waiting to hear from the TA but that's another issue altogether.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

Good idea!  The problem with mine is that if she would not have emailed me, I would have no idea that someone else had access to my  information.  Even if your account doesn't look compromised, it may not be secure.

^^^ This is the most frightening part.  Personal information is not safe; and, based on this thread Celebrity doesn't seem to think this is an important issue.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mchell810 said:

^^^ This is the most frightening part.  Personal information is not safe; and, based on this thread Celebrity doesn't seem to think this is an important issue.

Indeed. In the UK this is potentially a GDPR issue and data breach.

Again...

It's only the recipient of the data that will know this has occurred, not the party whose data was exposed.   Please send screen shots to the party whose data you received if there is data present that makes that possible.   They are the ones who have reason to press the point with Celebrity and have some chance of doing so successfully.

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Again...

It's only the recipient of the data that will know this has occurred, not the party whose data was exposed.   Please send screen shots to the party whose data you received if there is data present that makes that possible.   They are the ones who have reason to press the point with Celebrity and have some chance of doing so successfully.

I am still not sure whether the error was X's or my TA's. X corrected the issue and I've still been unable to reach my TA.

14 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I am still not sure whether the error was X's or my TA's. X corrected the issue and I've still been unable to reach my TA.

Given that we seem to be hearing about incidents that seem to have just started over a short period of time, it would be surprising if these weren't X IT issues.

Or perhaps this is the first time CC members are bringing it to our attention?  But given the nature of CC, that would surprise me!

I guess one measure would be if we knew how many non-TA reservations were impacted.

Edited by canderson

I do know that X fixed the issue, but I'm still concerned that perhaps my info (phone and email) are living in someone else's reservation. My question, which may never be answered is who put the wrong info into my reservation? Was is the TA or X? 

Final update. My TA just called.  She was new to the agency when I booked this cruise and had just finished training. She input her email and a company phone (not any of the ones listed anywhere on their website). No data breaches and no X errors. All fixed, and no harm no foul.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Again...

My account is still tied to the person who notified me of the issue.  Because I have done my online registration for two upcoming cruises, she can also see my passport number and exp. date along with my husbands.  I did a screen shot of her initial email along with what she is able to see and potentially do with this info and emailed it to LLP.  

30 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

My account is still tied to the person who notified me of the issue.  Because I have done my online registration for two upcoming cruises, she can also see my passport number and exp. date along with my husbands.  I did a screen shot of her initial email along with what she is able to see and potentially do with this info and emailed it to LLP.  

Well done.

Was your original reservation handled directly with Celebrity or through a TA?

As your TA wouldn't be the one populating things like passport number and the like, that lends further credence to the idea that this is an X IT problem.

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

Well done.

Was your original reservation handled directly with Celebrity or through a TA?

As your TA wouldn't be the one populating things like passport number and the like, that lends further credence to the idea that this is an X IT problem.

Mine was done directly through Celebrity but the person who now has access to my account used a TA.  I don't think it matters who entered the info because it's there for her to see.  She probably has the ability to change my account password if she wants to.

11 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Mine was done directly through Celebrity but the person who now has access to my account used a TA.  I don't think it matters who entered the info because it's there for her to see.  She probably has the ability to change my account password if she wants to.

Appreciate the reply on that.  That does seem to answer the question clearly.

Since the other person's TA will never have had access to your account information, in particular your passport numbers, that would seem a clear indication that it was propagated by X's IT system and not a TA. 

Celebrity likes to have my DH's address different from what we actually have.  His address is in a very wealthy area of London- Kensington.  However, for now our address is the same, but once we cruise again, it will return to London.  I keep asking him why he has an address there, but he keeps saying that Celebrity is paying for it!

Edited by Lastdance

27 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Shortly after sending an email to LLP I got a call from the executive office.  This morning it was straightened out and they are looking into why it happened.  She apologized and gave some OBC for an upcoming cruise.  

Glad you got a response. Your issue was a serious one. Say hi to Doug.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Shortly after sending an email to LLP I got a call from the executive office.  This morning it was straightened out and they are looking into why it happened.  She apologized and gave some OBC for an upcoming cruise.  

Did you by chance note that there were other similar cases being discussed?  Wouldn't want them to think yours was the only case.  Might change their troubleshooting strategy.

Just now, canderson said:

Did you by chance note that there were other similar cases being discussed?  Wouldn't want them to think yours was the only case.  Might change their troubleshooting strategy.

Yeah. Even if not external or malicious, it's still a data breach. Someone's personal information was exposed to someone who shouldn't have it. By your system.

Along with troubleshooting, there's usually a letter to a lot of people offering free credit monitoring...

58 minutes ago, canderson said:

No, I didn't but she sent me her contact info so I'll let her know.

2 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

Could you please share the email address for LLP?  I called Celebrity on Sunday about the issue that my husbands info is in someone  else’s reservation and it still hasn’t been fixed.  Got another email today to book excursions for a cruise that we aren’t going on.  I looked on his account and it’s on there with another woman’s name.  My guess is that she has access to all his info.  This worries me as we are leaving Monday on a cruise and I’m concerned that somehow our reservation is going to get messed up.  😊

1 hour ago, jking325y said:

1 hour ago, jking325y said:

Could you please share the email address for LLP?  I called Celebrity on Sunday about the issue that my husbands info is in someone  else’s reservation and it still hasn’t been fixed.  Got another email today to book excursions for a cruise that we aren’t going on.  I looked on his account and it’s on there with another woman’s name.  My guess is that she has access to all his info.  This worries me as we are leaving Monday on a cruise and I’m concerned that somehow our reservation is going to get messed up.  😊

The address I initially used is lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com.  Good Luck!

Edited by MartinsCruise

5 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

Are you allowed to share LLP's email on this forum?  I have spoken to three different Celebrity representatives and my personal information still has not been corrected.

2 minutes ago, OUBaylor1 said:

Are you allowed to share LLP's email on this forum?  I have spoken to three different Celebrity representatives and my personal information still has not been corrected.

I don't see why not especially since this is where I would have first learned about it.  The only time I would use it is if it was an important issue that needs to be addressed and all other avenues have been exhausted.

2 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

The address I initially used is lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com.  Good Luck!

I apologize for overlooking the email address in your earlier post.  I have already had this issue elevated once.  This afternoon I requested that this issue be elevated higher because I perceive it as a security issue.  I was told this afternoon that the issue has been elevated it IT.

17 minutes ago, OUBaylor1 said:

I apologize for overlooking the email address in your earlier post.  I have already had this issue elevated once.  This afternoon I requested that this issue be elevated higher because I perceive it as a security issue.  I was told this afternoon that the issue has been elevated it IT.

Forget X IT. Go to LLP's office.  They are the ones who can get anywhere with getting IT issues solved.