Alaska cruise activities?

We're doing our first ever Alaskan cruise this summer on Ovation. We know this will be completely different than the Caribbean cruises we're used to. My question, are there still the usual royal caribbean activities like we're used to on the ship? Sail away "party", hush parties, night clubs etc? I know it'll likely be more laid back and likely an older demographic than Caribbean, but curious about the onboard activities. 

I did that trip in 2019 on Ovation - fantastic time! Alaska is definitely more laid back and relaxed than the Caribbean. I wouldn't assume an older demographic as there were a lot of multi-generational families and people the usual age for Royal.

I wish I could remember about the onboard activities, I want to say there are a few less, and most likely due to the current times, as you are also getting up early to see the glaciers and getting off to explore early. Though I could be completely wrong and someone else please correct me. 

• Like 1

@bhsolo is correct that Alaska cruises are so port intensive (meaning that you spend a lot of time off the ship), that the evenings tend to be early to bed to get ready for the next day.  Even on your sea day, you may find yourself getting up early for breakfast so you can attend the 10 AM 'Watching for Marine Animals" talk.

Take a look at your port-of-call schedule - that may give you an indication of how early your days will start.

We took Ovation to Alaska in Oct 2021. (Very recent) The demographic was a mix of big families (multi generation) young couples, mid aged folks like ourselves (late 40’s/early 50’s) and retirees. It was a blast with sooo many things to do on and off the ship. This trip is casual/laid back with most wearing comfy/outdoorsy/layered clothing. Enjoy your trip ….

You won't have the same pool activites as you would on a Caribbean cruise, but it'll be pretty much the same otherwise.  Depending on the itinerary, there may be some activities around the pool, but they will be about looking at a glacier or whales or something like that.

It is a different vibe around the ship, but there still are nighttime activities.

• Like 1