Gym classes

kool kruiser

We are new to Azamara, our first cruises being in May. I saw on another thread a reference to not all classes being complimentary. As the website does not appear to be clear on this point, can somebody possibly elaborate, please. What's included, what isn't and how much extra do they cost ? Thanks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

We are new to Azamara, our first cruises being in May. I saw on another thread a reference to not all classes being complimentary. As the website does not appear to be clear on this point, can somebody possibly elaborate, please. What's included, what isn't and how much extra do they cost ? Thanks.

Yoga, Pilates, Stretch and Spin Class all included (complementary).  You pay fir boot camp and personal training (unfortunately I dont know the cost) but I do remember thinking personal training was very exoensive.  If you are going on the Quest soon Jessica is the person in charge of all classes and the gym. Very nice young lady from Wells.  Please tell her Vicki says hello. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, very helpful discussion for me yet another AZ first-time-cruiser-to-be. 
Just a word of caution: spare a minute to sanitize gym equipment, mats, etc. prior to each use - with all passengers and crew being vaccinated but COVID still around, virus transmission through the surfaces recently being in close and prolonged contact with other passengers’ bodily fluids is probable. We were on the cruise in February (not AZ) and upon debarkation, my spouse got tested positive. While on a 10-day quarantine, we recalled doing everything together on the cruise except for one activity: I didn’t go for yoga classes. In our local gym at home, everyone sanitized yoga mats after use and since in the last 2 years our world shrunk to a tiny bubble, a thought others would not play by our bubble’s rules everywhere in the world did not appear to us) but definitely it was not the case on the cruise ship ( 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andrcan said:

Thanks everyone, very helpful discussion for me yet another AZ first-time-cruiser-to-be. 
Just a word of caution: spare a minute to sanitize gym equipment, mats, etc. prior to each use - with all passengers and crew being vaccinated but COVID still around, virus transmission through the surfaces recently being in close and prolonged contact with other passengers’ bodily fluids is probable. We were on the cruise in February (not AZ) and upon debarkation, my spouse got tested positive. While on a 10-day quarantine, we recalled doing everything together on the cruise except for one activity: I didn’t go for yoga classes. In our local gym at home, everyone sanitized yoga mats after use and since in the last 2 years our world shrunk to a tiny bubble, a thought others would not play by our bubble’s rules everywhere in the world did not appear to us) but definitely it was not the case on the cruise ship ( 

A very salient point at the moment. 

Phil 

• Like 1