Additional room key???

dmori

Hello there, 

On an upcoming cruise, we have 2 rooms booked. Myself and my daughter are in 1 room and my husband and son are in the 2nd room. Any advice on how to obtain an additional room key for each room? Myself and husband would like to have a key for each room for convenience. Thanks! 

We do this all of the time. My husband and I get great offers so we book 2 rooms, one under each of our names. Then once on board we switch it to my husband and I in one cabin and the kids in the one next door. Guest services will move everyone into the cabins they want and print new cards. You just can’t do it till you’re on board or you’ll lose the offer you booked under. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 2:21 AM, cruisinqt said:

We do this all of the time. My husband and I get great offers so we book 2 rooms, one under each of our names. Then once on board we switch it to my husband and I in one cabin and the kids in the one next door. Guest services will move everyone into the cabins they want and print new cards. You just can’t do it till you’re on board or you’ll lose the offer you booked under. 

Will they do this even if the kids are minors? I really don't care which room their sail and sign is under, but as parents we would like a room key each for both rooms? Thanks for your help! 

46 minutes ago, dmori said:

Will they do this even if the kids are minors? I really don't care which room their sail and sign is under, but as parents we would like a room key each for both rooms? Thanks for your help! 

they should.

from their website:

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older) traveling in the balcony stateroom with them. 
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be separated by up to 3 staterooms from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer. 
  • Like 1

Carnival doesn't care where anyone sleeps. They will give you a door key (no charging priveleges) for another cabin as long as the inhabitants agree; you and your husband will have to go together to request additional door keys. 

• Like 2

We had the same scenario last week. We chose to sleep 2 adults in one, 2 kids in the other.  We didn't switch rooms officially as we didn't want to affect the need to purchase 2 cheers packages when only he needed it. So we just asked guest services for a 2nd key to each room. You need all passengers at guest services to approve the extra key.  I recommend you go there directly upon boarding as the line up grows all day and last until the 2nd day. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 10:02 PM, dmori said:

Yes as long as they are close to you like next door or across the hallway that’s fine. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We just booked a cruise and got 2 cabins across the hall. I didn’t know that you could book the kids in their own room so we have an adult with each kid in each room. We plan to sleep with the adults in one room and the kids in the other. Mine are 13 and 11. Both dh and I will want to be able to open both rooms and we’d like for the kids to be able to open their room. How does this work?

On 3/27/2022 at 11:40 AM, AandBmom said:

We had the same scenario last week. We chose to sleep 2 adults in one, 2 kids in the other.  We didn't switch rooms officially as we didn't want to affect the need to purchase 2 cheers packages when only he needed it. So we just asked guest services for a 2nd key to each room. You need all passengers at guest services to approve the extra key.  I recommend you go there directly upon boarding as the line up grows all day and last until the 2nd day. 

Does anyone know if this would affect the cheers package if you have them change the adults to the same room and only 1 person had the cheers package?