Where to stay

cdn_tbird

DW & I will be taking a cruise out of Port Everglades in Nov for our 20th anniversary and I'm trying to figure out where to stay pre-cruise as we are flying in late Thur. evening landing @ MIA for a Saturday embarkation. In the past we've stayed either at the Hampton Inn Brickell when we sailed out of PoM, or a hotel near Port Everglades. Since we're there for a full day, I'm wondering if it's worth it booking in Miami Beach. I was kind of surprised at how long it would take to get to the port from there.

Open to any suggestions with respect to areas and why you'd stay there. Don't really want to end up at a hotel and spend the day at the pool, we'd like to explore the area.

Thanks

I would consider staying in Fort Lauderdale at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd. A nice hotel located close to the Water Taxi and some great restaurants. An approximately ten to fifteen minute ride to Port Everglades. Great restaurants include Louie Bossi’s or Tuscan Grill for Italian. American Social, Big City Tavern, Rocco’s Tacos and Luigi’s Pizza. Just an nice area not too far from Fort Lauderdale Beach.

• Like 1

Another vote for Riverside as it’s the best bang for one’s buck in FL

Great Retail Therapy close.  Liquor and Wine Stores a couple of blocks away.  
For a thought, how about visiting a Jewellers for a special piece to celebrate the occasion?

We visited Robinson’s as they have a great selection at all price points, plus it’s only a short walk from the Riverside.

6 hours ago, Corby114 said:

I would consider staying in Fort Lauderdale at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas Blvd. A nice hotel located close to the Water Taxi and some great restaurants. An approximately ten to fifteen minute ride to Port Everglades. Great restaurants include Louie Bossi’s or Tuscan Grill for Italian. American Social, Big City Tavern, Rocco’s Tacos and Luigi’s Pizza. Just an nice area not too far from Fort Lauderdale Beach.

I second this.  Since you want to explore and not just sit by the pool, Las Olas will give you a lot of options.  You can always do a cruise on the Intracoastal with the Carrie B that goes out of the Las Olas area.  You can take the Water Taxi to dinner that night, or just to enjoy the ride.

Has anyone stayed at Embassy Suites recently?  It is one of the Princess recommended hotels but I have seen a lot of bad reviews. We have stayed there in the past - several years ago and it was Ok for one night - good location. 

I echo the Riverside suggestion. I have stayed there multiple times over the years, most recently back in December. Love it😃