RCCL "Kids Sail Free"??...Promo code?

Hello RCCL fans!

I am looking into a Royal Cruise (I have not sailed them before) and I noticed the "kids sail free" promo.  On the site the price does not seems to reflect the promotion, though it says I qualify.  But then there is a place for a promo code.  Do I need a promo code for kids sail free?  Do any of you have it?  When I continue with the mock booking, the price seems too high to be reflective of a KSF promotion.  Any help or ideas is appreciate. 🙂

There is no promo code.  The price listed is with the KSF deal.  They will sometimes increase the price of the first two passengers so the pricing will seem off.  Try doing a mock booking with 4 adults in the cabin to compare the pricing between the two.  

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, YellowDog said:

Hello RCCL fans!

I am looking into a Royal Cruise (I have not sailed them before) and I noticed the "kids sail free" promo.  On the site the price does not seems to reflect the promotion, though it says I qualify.  But then there is a place for a promo code.  Do I need a promo code for kids sail free?  Do any of you have it?  When I continue with the mock booking, the price seems too high to be reflective of a KSF promotion.  Any help or ideas is appreciate. 🙂

You don't need a promo code...  You just book it with the child's age listed and it should be priced accordingly.  Understanding that 3/4 person cabins can be more costly for the first 2 people than a similar cabin.

The best way to see the savings you are receiving is to look at the price for 3 or 4 adults (whatever your group size is) and then price it with 2 adults and 1/2 kids (again, or whatever your group size is). That should show you more accurately your savings for kids sail free.  I know it is confusing but that is royal for you. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YellowDog said:

Hello RCCL fans!

I have seen sailings listed and said they qualify however they clearly fall within excluded dates and when you try to book them they do not include the KSF.  Their website is not the best

• Like 1

If there are no kids in the cabin, then all adults will get 30% off the list price. 

If there are 2 adults and 2 kids 12 and under, then the adults will pay full price, and the kids will be free (essentially making everyone 50% off).

For ease of math, let's say the list price of the fare is $1000.

Two adults in the cabin: $2000 x .7 = $1400 plus $250 in taxes and fees = $1650

Two adults and two kids in the cabin: $2000 at full price + $0 + $0 plus $500 in taxes and fees = $2500

Four adults in the cabin (or 2 adults and 2 teenagers): $4000 x .7 = $2800 + $500 in taxes and fees = $3300

It's definitely a savings, but at first glace it doesn't appear to be truly kids sail free, because half of $3300 (4 adults) would be $1650 (2 adults). But that is an already discounted price. The kids sail free is based on the FULL list price, not the 30% off.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

If there are no kids in the cabin, then all adults will get 30% off the list price. 

If there are 2 adults and 2 kids 12 and under, then the adults will pay full price, and the kids will be free (essentially making everyone 50% off).

For ease of math, let's say the list price of the fare is $1000.

Two adults in the cabin: $2000 x .7 = $1400 plus $250 in taxes and fees = $1650

Two adults and two kids in the cabin: $2000 at full price + $0 + $0 plus $500 in taxes and fees = $2500

Four adults in the cabin (or 2 adults and 2 teenagers): $4000 x .7 = $2800 + $500 in taxes and fees = $3300

It's definitely a savings, but at first glace it doesn't appear to be truly kids sail free, because half of $3300 (4 adults) would be $1650 (2 adults). But that is an already discounted price. The kids sail free is based on the FULL list price, not the 30% off.

You are completely wrong on this one.  The adults get 30% off whether or not yhere are kids in thr room or 4 adults or just 2 adults.

Just did my 4th ksf booking an hour ago and every one of them is the same...30% off for the adults as guest 1 and 2 in addition to the ksf 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are completely wrong on this one.  The adults get 30% off whether or not yhere are kids in thr room or 4 adults or just 2 adults.

Just did my 4th ksf booking an hour ago and every one of them is the same...30% off for the adults as guest 1 and 2 in addition to the ksf 

You sure about that?  

If you book 2 adults, then the only extra add on is taxes?   I just booked a couple of these too, but I’m not sure my experience matches what you are saying because I priced out the cabins for just two as well.  

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

You sure about that?  

If you book 2 adults, then the only extra add on is taxes?   I just booked a couple of these too, but I’m not sure my experience matches what you are saying because I priced out the cabins for just two as well.  

Booking 2 adults vs 2 adults and 2 kids may require you to be in a different category  and each category has different pricing.  If it is thr same category yhrn yes I am sure it is only the taxes 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, topnole said:

You sure about that?  

Yes, I priced the cabin for 2 adults, 4 adults, and then 2 adults + 2 kids. Did this for comparison purposes. Same cabin.

When I priced it for 2 adults, it was 30% off for them. When I priced it for 4 adults, it was 30% off for them. When I priced it for 2 adults, 2 kids, the adults' price went back to list, but the kids were $0 with only add-on the taxes.

I ran all of these quotes on Monday, and booked a 2-adult room (my parents) and a 2-adult-2-kid room (me, DH, our kids). I watched the percentage off switch and the list prices change, based on the ages of the "kids" (10 and 12 in one booking, and both 13 in another booking, just to compare).

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Booking 2 adults vs 2 adults and 2 kids may require you to be in a different category  and each category has different pricing.  If it is thr same category yhrn yes I am sure it is only the taxes 

That may be the difference, then, but if so, then it's a weird coincidence that moving from 2 adults only to 2adults/2kids would result in a higher adult fare (and $0 kid fare) that is exactly equal to the cost differential between full price for adults and kids free (meaning everyone gets 50% off) and just 2 adults being 30% off the list price.

But it is entirely possible that they actually set the price points for moving to a different category exactly so that's how it would work out.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm doing a mock booking on Adventure of the Seas in 2 connecting Promenade (CP) rooms. The price is exactly the same whether I book 2 adults in each, or 1 adult, 1 child in each. So the Free child discount is not applying at all. It says the cruise I selected is eligible for the KSF, so what is the catch here??

1 hour ago, arsenic74 said:

I'm doing a mock booking on Adventure of the Seas in 2 connecting Promenade (CP) rooms. The price is exactly the same whether I book 2 adults in each, or 1 adult, 1 child in each. So the Free child discount is not applying at all. It says the cruise I selected is eligible for the KSF, so what is the catch here??

kids are only free when they are the third or fourth guests in a room.

11 hours ago, arsenic74 said:

If there are only 1 adult and 1 child in the room, then the "child" is an "adult" for the purposes of this. They only get child pricing as the 3rd or 4th in the room.