WS Guarantee on Navigator Yes/No

Hi- potential first time cruiser here. Some friends would like us to join them on a 3 day cruise from LA on Navigator. I've gotten a quote of 346 pp for a WS guarantee, but Jr Site prices and Owner suite prices are listed as more expensive. Am I likely to do better by booking an OS or JS than the WS rooms? Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, maybemaybenot said:

Hi- potential first time cruiser here. Some friends would like us to join them on a 3 day cruise from LA on Navigator. I've gotten a quote of 346 pp for a WS guarantee, but Jr Site prices and Owner suite prices are listed as more expensive. Am I likely to do better by booking an OS or JS than the WS rooms? Thanks in advance.

A WS GTY will get you a JR suite 99% of the time. We were on Navigator in January and had a WS GTY and were given a JS even though the ship was at 25% capacity. $346 pp is a great price. 

IMG_5328.thumb.jpeg.21c9ba6eb071f7b54ecaa40fdb38eaff.jpeg

3 hours ago, maybemaybenot said:

guarantees are almost always less. You will get at least a Jr Suite. What's the concern?

Thanks everyone- Neither myself nor my partner have ever cruised before, and there's some confusing language in the guarantee stuff that seems to indicate we could actually be booked into the top tier of the next lower tier of rooms, so a verandah, and we'd ideally like to be in same class as out friends.

3 minutes ago, maybemaybenot said:

Thanks everyone- Neither myself nor my partner have ever cruised before, and there's some confusing language in the guarantee stuff that seems to indicate we could actually be booked into the top tier of the next lower tier of rooms, so a verandah, and we'd ideally like to be in same class as out friends.

not the case at all

9 minutes ago, maybemaybenot said:

WHY. it is just a cabin, yours will just be a little bigger, not better but bigger. It is possible you could get a Grand Suite, but that would be the 1 in ten million chance. Plus you will pick up a extra point. Stop over thinking and go for it before the offer goes away. 

1 hour ago, maybemaybenot said:

There are JS on almost every deck.  Once your cabin is assigned you can move to any other open JS cabin anywhere on the ship as long as you stay in the same category.  Could be possible to move right next to your friends. And do not judge cruising by a 3 nighter on any cruise ship. No comparison to a week long cruise. You will be on a Fri/Sat/Sun cruise which is as close to a booze cruise as Royal gets.  Happy first time cruising.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, maybemaybenot said:

Just so you know, being in the same category as your friends is meaningless, unless you're talking about "keeping up with the Joneses" in regard to perceived status.  

You could both be in a Junior Suite and still be on different decks on different sides and on different ends of the ship.