Post-Cruise Transfer of Earned Points?

AngryBirdah

I was wondering whether anyone has been able to get Voyagers Club points for onboard spending transferred from one member to another after the cruise.  I wasn't thinking when I put our credit card on our profile and put my name instead of my wife's.  Now I see I was granted 4,000 points for onboard spending... but I was already Diamond.  Had I put my wife's name then she's be almost Diamond now!  DOH!

Though, funny enough, I put my name on the credit card guaranteeing my mom's cabin as well, but it looks like she was awarded the points?  I thought the points go to whoever settles the bill... but does it instead go to whoever is listed first on the reservation?

Edited by AngryBirdah
Extra information

8 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

Good luck getting anything fix with these bozos.   I have been waiting for almost 4 months with 3 months of emailing them for a cruise from 12/4 that is missing. 

The whole cruise?!  Goodness  😂

Yeah, when I saw the cruise points post, I was like, whew!

@AngryBirdah  Likely not to happen.  Since you are Diamond and you travel together there are no other real additional benefits for both being Diamond in the Cabin except for maybe a 2nd bottle of $8 Prosecco or a 2nd chocolate boat.  You still only get one specialty dining for the both of you.

15 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

@AngryBirdah  Likely not to happen.  Since you are Diamond and you travel together there are no other real additional benefits for both being Diamond in the Cabin except for maybe a 2nd bottle of $8 Prosecco or a 2nd chocolate boat.  You still only get one specialty dining for the both of you.

Thanks.  We don't even like alcohol, but chocolate boats are nice!  From reading others' experiences, though, each Diamond member is entitled to a specialty dinner... I wouldn't mind hitting Butcher's Cut twice in the same week  😁

21 hours ago, texanaust said:

Are the points beneficial for anything apart from getting Diamond?  Seems pointless to accumulate once said status is achieved.   

I haven't seen any use of points post-Diamond

8 hours ago, AngryBirdah said:

Thanks.  We don't even like alcohol, but chocolate boats are nice!  From reading others' experiences, though, each Diamond member is entitled to a specialty dinner... I wouldn't mind hitting Butcher's Cut twice in the same week  😁

I think it is one specialty meal per cabin - check the perks listed on the website. 

Getting anything done about points or past trips is almost impossible. They failed to post our trip that would have made us platinum and it took forever to get it fixed. Their knee jerk reaction is no to any question even to post a missing trip. They seem to have been trained to assume you are gaming the system. Shame because we love the shipboard experience. 

• Like 1