Reserved Seating in Show Lounge

MissP22

There are places for wheel chairs at the Deck 7 entrance door on both sides of the theater.  We always use the left side.  The first 2 or 3 rows at the top usually have signs designating they are for handicap.  On the Royal size ships, I have seen a few wheel chairs placed by the stage after the person has taken a seat.

• 4 weeks later...

I just found out why some of the seating in the theater was reserved back in March. The seating was held for the friends & parents of the new entertainment cast that was brought on board during our B2B cruises. It had nothing to do with reserved seats for the suites as some had surmised. 

9 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I just found out why some of the seating in the theater was reserved back in March. The seating was held for the friends & parents of the new entertainment cast that was brought on board during our B2B cruises. It had nothing to do with reserved seats for the suites as some had surmised. 

Actually, on two of our recent Discovery voyages they were used for Sky Suites passengers and creators of the show Spotlight Bar.  We chatted with some of the party in one of the Sky Suites, it is definitely a perk.  In addition to the reserved seats for Sky Suite guests , on the April 17th premiere of Spotlight Bar, they had the creative team reserved seating.  

• Like 1

On our recent Emerald cruise, my scooter-using husband would park in a row that had been shortened for that purpose. By being on the very end, the fact that he was sitting a little higher because of the scooter, he wasn't blocking anyone's view. I was sometimes distressed though that people would sit in those rows who didn't need the handicap space, making it hard for us to find a space where we could sit side-by-side. I'd like it if Princess would put a handicap symbol on the floor in those spots. 

On 4/3/2022 at 3:30 PM, Tonsoffun44 said:

Curious do they not have reserved spots for handicapped passengers and their companions - many other ships/lines we've been on do. 

They do have small rows on most ships that have a space for a wheel chair and companion seat.  Often they are not marked but it should not be too hard to figure out.  We do see people who are not in wheelchairs often occupy those spaces though and do not move if someone coms in in a wheel chair or walker..

Also, we are a fan of all the new productions shows......not a fan of their shows that seemed to feature music from the archaic Big Band era of music.