Reserved Seating in Show Lounge

MissP22

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

It's not an so much as an invitation but when they condone it for Suites I'm certain when the ship is sailing filled they'll have a heck of a time enforcing the no saving seats policy.

I'd love to be around just to hear the arguments for entertainment value alone.

Sky Suites are so special, you can't even book them online, and they seemingly come with their own sets of rules.  Why anyone else would feel entitled to save seats because others get it as a perk for booking the most expensive suites in the fleet is beyond any reasoning I can think of.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It appears that Princess is now providing reserved seating for a small group (12) on the Enchanted. 

I suppose it's OK to save seats for your own party. I'm waiting for the announcement about not saving seats .

20220401_184745.jpg

We were on the Enchanted in March.  We were offered an upgrade (for a reasonable price we thought) to a Sky Suite.  One of the perks was "reserved seating" for any of the production shows.  There were just 2 of us but I know that the people in the other Sky Suite were 4 plus another 4 in there traveling party.  If we were not planning on going to a show, we let the Suite Experience manager know before hand.

5 hours ago, skynight said:

The reserved seating is for passengers booked in the two Sky Suites.

We saw the same kind of "reservation" on the Emerald in December. The staff told me they held those seats for passengers who insisted on social distancing. There are no Sky Suites on the Emerald.

19 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

We saw the same kind of "reservation" on the Emerald in December. The staff told me they held those seats for passengers who insisted on social distancing. There are no Sky Suites on the Emerald.

The same seats were once again "reserved " last night. Since the ship isn't totally filled I suppose it doesn't present any problems.

When they do return to capacity sailings, it just might, especially when they begin making announcements to not save seats.

20220402_184904.jpg

16 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The same seats were once again "reserved " last night. Since the ship isn't totally filled I suppose it doesn't present any problems.

When they do return to capacity sailings, it just might, especially when they begin making announcements to not save seats.

20220402_184904.jpg

They are for the sky suite passengers. They are not saved, they are a perk. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

That’s a great perk.  Kudos to Princess for doing this.  

Those booking the  Sky suites really deserve this perk with what they are paying  for the suites.  Having seats covered with a ‘Reserved “covering isn’t quite  the same as someone  trying to save 5 extra seats for friends. On our 6 cruises after November, several announcements were made shortly before each show started.  When the Love Boat cast was on the Regal Princess they had 2 rows “guarded” by the Cruise Director’s staff before the cast came in to be seated for  Charo’s show. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

They are for the sky suite passengers. They are not saved, they are a perk. 

Then I guess it's now OK to save seats in the Show lounge.

Right after they starting using the "perked" typed seats they stopped making the announcements about saving them.

They can't have it both ways without arguments. 

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Right after they starting using the "perked" typed seats they stopped making the announcements about saving them.

One has nothing to do with the other.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2022 at 12:33 AM, pilot said:

What did you think of the production show 5-SKIES?

Not our cup of tea.  We left during Level 2.

Thought it was awesome!  Fabulous!  Excellent tech, lighting, music and dance numbers.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The seats have official reserved signs on them obviously placed there by ship's staff before the audience arrived.  Why should there be arguments? 

• Like 3

Since the return to service, there have been several seats that are reserved for specific passengers up in the balcony area one on side of the ship.  I assumed they were saved for those that were unvaccinated.  It seemed logical, after all, as they weren't saved in the middle of the theater like those for the Sky Suite passengers.  

Nice to see Princess provide this perk to Sky Suite passengers. We once booked a garden villa suite on NCL and enjoyed reserved seating in the theater, it was a great perk. As far as I know, Princess hasn't had a high end suite product until now with the Sky Suite. I wasn't aware that reserved seating was part of the Sky Suite package, but glad to hear that it is. Hopefully it is just one of many extra perks for that product. IMO, the Princess suite product across the board is at the lower end compared to other lines. 

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Actually, Princess can do this, and they are. Apples and Oranges. These are seats which are a perk, not in the traditional sense of saving seats for others.  Is someone there saving seats?  No.  The concierge will walk in with the party and lead them to their seats. 

59 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Just wait until they try to explain it to a few groups of people. 

And we cant wait to hear what reasons people come up with as to why they should be entitled to a Sky Suite perk when they booked an inside cabin.

It's not hard to understand; You can't save seats.

Princess can do whatever they want, including saving seats. Their ship, their rules.

It doesn't matter if it's fair or not. You either pay for the privilege or having a reserved seat, or you don't. 

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Curious do they not have reserved spots for handicapped passengers and their companions - many other ships/lines we've been on do. 

Yes but in my experience - this was 5 and 6 years ago when using a cane and not able to maneuver steps or walk long distances well - the reserved label on the seats was small and often unnoticed or ignored.  

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

And we cant wait to hear what reasons people come up with as to why they should be entitled to a Sky Suite perk when they booked an inside cabin.

It's not hard to understand; You can't save seats.

Princess can do whatever they want, including saving seats. Their ship, their rules.

It doesn't matter if it's fair or not. You either pay for the privilege or having a reserved seat, or you don't. 

Oh I agree with your logic but I've seen many an argument on ships where there was no reserved seating and announcements were made that there would be no saving of seats.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

On 4/1/2022 at 7:33 PM, pilot said:

What did you think of the production show 5-SKIES?

Not our cup of tea.  We left during Level 2.

You left too soon!  If you’d waited for the flying level you would have been treated to a fantastic view of Player01’s arse as they flipped him around and sent him flying to the back of the stage!  And the bungee jumping guy who lost control of his bungee and almost didn’t make it back to an upright position!  

This was a comedy, right?  :classic_unsure:

25 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

You left too soon!  If you’d waited for the flying level you would have been treated to a fantastic view of Player01’s arse as they flipped him around and sent him flying to the back of the stage!  And the bungee jumping guy who lost control of his bungee and almost didn’t make it back to an upright position!  

This was a comedy, right?  :classic_unsure:

Sounds dreadful! Lol.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Curious do they not have reserved spots for handicapped passengers and their companions - many other ships/lines we've been on do. 

Actually there's been a section on the right as you enter from Deck 7. Way WAY up top for wheelchairs & companions. 

18 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

These are seats which are a perk, ... concierge

About time for additional perks (not that I'll ever book that category .... mini-suites are still a stretch / booking balconies)

Edited by Ombud