Reserved Seating in Show Lounge

MissP22

It appears that Princess is now providing reserved seating for a small group (12) on the Enchanted. 

I suppose it's OK to save seats for your own party. I'm waiting for the announcement about not saving seats .

20220401_184745.jpg

• MissP22 changed the title to Delete

Did you see who ended up sitting in the seats?

Last week, on the night Max gave his solo performance, there were 3 seats reserved at the back of the theater.  I saw that the ex cop comedian came in as the lights were going down and took a seat.

Guess he didn't want to be a distraction.

3 minutes ago, pilot said:

Did you see who ended up sitting in the seats?

Last week, on the night Max gave his solo performance, there were 3 seats reserved at the back of the theater.  I saw that the ex cop comedian came in as the lights were going down and took a seat.

Guess he didn't want to be a distraction.

They haven't arrived yet. Show tine is in 9 minutes.

Still no announcement about not saving seats. 

Edited by MissP22

None of the people showed up as a group...only individuals who decided to sit down during the performance. 

Also, they never made any announcements about not saving seats even though the lounge was filled. 

54 minutes ago, pilot said:

What did you think of the production show 5-SKIES?

Not our cup of tea.  We left during Level 2.

Not the greatest show we've ever seen on Princess. Aimed at a younger generation I suppose. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I don't know what's happening but my posts are getting mixed up.

Anyway... It appears that reserved seating is now allowed on the Enchanted.  They have small section in the Show Lounge (12 seats). I'm waiting for the announcement about not saving seats 

20220401_184745.jpg

I've never seen that before. Have you? 

2 hours ago, pilot said:

What did you think of the production show 5-SKIES?

Not our cup of tea.  We left during Level 2.

We really think they missed their current demographic by a mile.  We didn't leave but we lost 45 minutes we will never get back again!  We did see many leave.

6 hours ago, capriccio said:

We really think they missed their current demographic by a mile.  We didn't leave but we lost 45 minutes we will never get back again!  We did see many leave.

I asked a few people on the ship what they thought and didn't get any negative responses.

Maybe their just to polite to voice their true opinion? Who knows. 

I've even watched it twice to give it another chance. 😉

It's just not my style of a musical show.

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

We really think they missed their current demographic by a mile

36 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It's just not my style of a musical show

What musical style is it?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ombud said:

What musical style is it?

It's very loud with lots of laser lighting. 

Aimed at a much younger demographic for sure.

I'm sure they put a lot of money and time into preparing the show. 

• Like 1

I really liked both Rock Opera (have seen it 5 times) and5 Skies.  Loved the music on 5 Skies but did take the second showing to fully understand the concept.  Have read on other threads that people either hate these two or love them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, capriccio said:

We really think they missed their current demographic by a mile. 

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It's very loud with lots of laser lighting. 

Aimed at a much younger demographic for sure.

This always makes me wonder…People who are 73 now were 20 when Woodstock took place. The people who bought albums by, and went to concerts featuring Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Doors and The Who are now the “old people” on the ships. At what point does a person who loved the laser-heavy concerts of Pink Floyd begin to think that they are too old for that now?  As Jethro Tull sang: “You’re never too old, old, old…to rock and roll, roll, roll…if you’re too young to die!”

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I don't know what's happening but my posts are getting mixed up.

Anyway... It appears that reserved seating is now allowed on the Enchanted.  They have small section in the Show Lounge (12 seats). I'm waiting for the announcement about not saving seats 

20220401_184745.jpg

They may have possibly saved them for new cast members  or VIPS.

I'm sure it doesn't happen at every single show and that you're jumping to conclusions about everyone being able to save seats.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, skynight said:

The reserved seating is for passengers booked in the two Sky Suites.

Thanks for the explanation. 

You would think they would remove the seat covers just before the show if they're not being used. 

Some passengers arrived during the show and just sat down. I suppose it's available for all to use.

This is the first time I noticed the reservations.  Maybe the Sky Suites weren't booked on previous cruises?

They also haven't made any announcements about reserving seats.

Not that I hold seats for anyone, other than my husband, but I think they'll be in for one he'll of an argument from passengers who do hold them.

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Maybe those seats are reserved for the Covid positive passengers...🤣 

Judging from the current group sailing I'd say that a sign like that would keep anyone from sitting down. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

They may have possibly saved them for new cast members  or VIPS.

I'm sure it doesn't happen at every single show and that you're jumping to conclusions about everyone being able to save seats.

I have no idea except someone posted it was for people in the Sky  Suites .

I'll check again tonight. 

Like I said, there we no announcements about saving seats. 

16 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

have no idea except someone posted it was for people in the Sky  Suites

There's your answer right there.

A nice perk for Sky Suites, not a change in policy, or an invitation for everyone else to start saving seats.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

This always makes me wonder…People who are 73 now were 20 when Woodstock took place. The people who bought albums by, and went to concerts featuring Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Doors and The Who are now the “old people” on the ships. At what point does a person who loved the laser-heavy concerts of Pink Floyd begin to think that they are too old for that now?  As Jethro Tull sang: “You’re never too old, old, old…to rock and roll, roll, roll…if you’re too young to die!”

I am 75 now, never liked any of the groups in my time either.  Can't generalize about any age group.  I prefer l930s, 40, 50s style music.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

There's your answer right there.

A nice perk for Sky Suites, not a change in policy, or an invitation for everyone else to start saving seats.

It's not an so much as an invitation but when they condone it for Suites I'm certain when the ship is sailing filled they'll have a heck of a time enforcing the no saving seats policy.

I'd love to be around just to hear the arguments for entertainment value alone.

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

This always makes me wonder…People who are 73 now were 20 when Woodstock took place. The people who bought albums by, and went to concerts featuring Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Doors and The Who are now the “old people” on the ships. 

We're 75 now and back when dinosaurs roamed around, we never cared for the music played by the groups you mention or any others like them.  Guess we finally caught up though as our top 4 production shows range from Bravo/Encore/ to Rock Opera/5Skies.