Check-in info doesn’t show Covid test requirement

Josephgray1

I was just looking through our online check-in that is now available for our May 17th cruise on Pursuit from Athens to Barcelona and noticed although it states vaccinations as a requirement, it does not mention a requirement to take a Covid test prior to boarding at the port. The only Covid test that is mentioned is the one prior to disembarking at the end of the cruise. Does anyone know if they have eliminated the test required to board?  I’ve attached screen shots of what I’m reading. 

4FBC6369-42B8-4B2E-B87F-581ED238597E.png

1CBA53CD-DE7E-4D9A-BE28-EE8CDC5EF19E.png

601946EE-B5A8-4E1D-8A90-E37FD44A001F.png

• Like 1

I am on the same cruise and I have the same information at the moment of check in as you. I understand that if we are fully vaccinated no test is required in addition to the embarkation test.

However I have read elsewhere  that in order for Azamara to help you if at the moment of embarkation you test positive and cannot board, you will have to produce a test showing that you were negative before leaving for your cruise. But not older than 72 hours.

Ivi

• Like 2

I don’t see where in the check-in info it’s says that a test is required at embarkation if we are vaccinated. The only test they mention that’s required is the one at debarkation. I would believe the check-in info is most accurate as it references our specific cruise compared to the website. The info on the website has not been updated with independent excursions in Italy, which we know are now allowed. 

From the Azamara web page on testing:

”If I test positive for SARS-COV-2 right before my cruise, at the terminal, or on - the cruise, what is your compensation policy and what associated costs are
covered?
A 100% Future Cruise Credit will be provided for any guest who tests positive within two weeks of their sail date, as well as any members of their immediate traveling party who choose to cancel.
If you test positive for COVID-19 at the terminal, Azamara will cover travel change fees and accommodation expenses not covered by travel insurance, upon presentation of proof of a negative antigen or PCR COVID test prior to travel.”

Again, they do not require for you to have a test before arriving to the embarkation port, but if you do test positive on embarkation day (and this test apparently every one has to do but I do not see it either on their web page at the moment of check in) you will only receive the support from Azamara upon presentation of a COVID test prior to travel.

I guess the tests at embarkation day are still being done, otherwise more risks of infection on board the ship.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

10 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

By the way on your screen it says Azamara Pursuit from May 17th to May 27th. But it is only 9 nights, this means from May 17th to May 26th.

Ivi

Yes! I saw the error on the date. Maybe my theory that this info would be accurate may not prove to be so. Since you are on the same cruise, does your check-in say 26th or 27th as the end date?

COVID regulations in Europa are quite different, because the situation in the countries differs. Pursuit starts in Greece, Quest in Spain.

For our embarkation in Civitaveccia in May there is also no pretesting necessary. But we will have a test at home before our flight to Rome.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Josephgray1 said:

Yes! I saw the error on the date. Maybe my theory that this info would be accurate may not prove to be so. Since you are on the same cruise, does your check-in say 26th or 27th as the end date?

In my case it says 26th as the end date.

I have looked again at the information on the Azamara web page concerning embarkation in Greece and those have not been updated since October 2021! I hope Azamara updates them soon since Greece has since them relaxed its entry policy. For example Greece does not longer require a Passenger Locator Form, but in the Azamara web site, it stills shows as a requirement.

It is confusing because on the one hand, they said we should review what the embarkation country requests and on the other they provide information, which does not coincide with the request of that country. But once, in the terminal, the people doing the check in, maybe could say, we needed to fullfil what Azamara posts in its web page…

I hope that the cruise documentation will come with clear instructions. I was able to print my boarding pass but the luggage tags and cruise documentation is not available yet. How about in your case?

Ivi

I couldn’t even print my boarding pass…

Btw, a pursuit guest just reported on FB, that they were allowed to go ashore on their own, but Azamara’s Homepage ist still not updated in that point of view.
The whole website doesn’t make me happy.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, travelberlin said:

In my case it says 26th as the end date.

I have looked again at the information on the Azamara web page concerning embarkation in Greece and those have not been updated since October 2021! I hope Azamara updates them soon since Greece has since them relaxed its entry policy. For example Greece does not longer require a Passenger Locator Form, but in the Azamara web site, it stills shows as a requirement.

It is confusing because on the one hand, they said we should review what the embarkation country requests and on the other they provide information, which does not coincide with the request of that country. But once, in the terminal, the people doing the check in, maybe could say, we needed to fullfil what Azamara posts in its web page…

I hope that the cruise documentation will come with clear instructions. I was able to print my boarding pass but the luggage tags and cruise documentation is not available yet. How about in your case?

Ivi

I agree that receiving conflicting info is frustrating. We all understand situations change, but to still have info that is six months old really shows they aren’t keeping up. Azamara corrected the end date of our cruise on the check in page. Like you, I don’t have access to anything but the boarding passes. 

• Like 1

We are on the May 8th Spain Intensive out of Civitaveccia. Since we are arriving in Rome about 6 days before the cruise starts, we will definitely get tested within the 72 hours before embarkation. In the worse case scenario that we test positive at the docks, if the previous one was negative then Azamara will cover change travel fees and accommodations. However, I have not be able to find out if the test that you do on your own within the 72 hours can be one you brought with you, or has to be a "certified" one from a lab. From reading above, it sounds like it must be a pcr test, so done at a lab or pharmacy.

Anyone else have any info on this?

I guess if you test positive on the 72 hours before the cruise one, you can only get the FCC, but nothing else. Btw, we are getting our 4th shot tomorrow.

OregonGal56, this is what they say in FAQs: If you test positive for COVID-19 at the terminal, Azamara will cover travel change fees and accommodation expenses not covered by travel insurance, upon presentation of proof of a negative antigen or PCR COVID test prior to travel.  (https://www.azamara.com/en-ca/booked-guests/before-you-board/explore-well-at-sea/explore-well-faq)

My understanding is, home kit may just not constitute sufficient proof for their insurance.

P.S. Just noticed this one on the same page: At this time, we are not accepting results from home testing kits.

Edited by andrcan
New important information added.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OregonGal56 said:

We are on the May 8th Spain Intensive out of Civitaveccia. Since we are arriving in Rome about 6 days before the cruise starts, we will definitely get tested within the 72 hours before embarkation. In the worse case scenario that we test positive at the docks, if the previous one was negative then Azamara will cover change travel fees and accommodations. However, I have not be able to find out if the test that you do on your own within the 72 hours can be one you brought with you, or has to be a "certified" one from a lab. From reading above, it sounds like it must be a pcr test, so done at a lab or pharmacy.

Anyone else have any info on this?

I guess if you test positive on the 72 hours before the cruise one, you can only get the FCC, but nothing else. Btw, we are getting our 4th shot tomorrow.

I haven't heard of any airline or cruise line that accepts unobserved home tests.  But I have heard of [and can verify from my own use] that many accept the home-with-online-observation kits.  Binax sells both kinds – the ones that are accepted are 6 for $150 with very fast delivery to your home. You can then do the tests anywhere in the world if you have an internet connection.  [We did this with a similar brand in the fall, first from our home for Delta pre-flight test requirement, then from a hotel in England for pre-cruise requirement.  Both went very smoothly.]

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I haven't heard of any airline or cruise line that accepts unobserved home tests.  But I have heard of [and can verify from my own use] that many accept the home-with-online-observation kits.  Binax sells both kinds – the ones that are accepted are 6 for $150 with very fast delivery to your home. You can then do the tests anywhere in the world if you have an internet connection.  [We did this with a similar brand in the fall, first from our home for Delta pre-flight test requirement, then from a hotel in England for pre-cruise requirement.  Both went very smoothly.]

Where were you able to buy your test kits. I just tried a google search with no luck 

Following up I ordered the test kits.  When doing the test out of the United States do you need some kind of app to contact the company for supervision

did you try to get reimbursed from Medicare or your insurance

Edited by roberts2005

2 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Following up I ordered the test kits.  When doing the test out of the United States do you need some kind of app to contact the company for supervision

did you try to get reimbursed from Medicare or your insurance

We have only used the test to visit USVI in January, as testing was required. We may use it outside of the US in May if we need to. Yes, you can download the NAVICA app or visit emed.com and set up a NAVICA account. 

I did not try to get reimbursed when I ordered them. But it looks like it says they are covered by insurance, so it may work with Medicare. 

16 minutes ago, tert333 said:

We are on the April 23 Quest Sailing and just saw this showing that anyone from Canada, US or Japan has to take a test 72 hours before arriving in Italy.

While I believe this is no longer in affect for Italy, I am still going to take a test(coming from Canada).

image.thumb.png.ca54fbf4ea148233d8bd0f72efbc314a.png

I agree, we are departing out of Athens and need to fly from the US. Although no test is required to enter the country,  we are planning to do a test prior to flying half way across the world. It would be quite disappointing to arrive and test positive at the port if they are doing it. But again, our specific info is not showing a test is required to board like the other ones have been. 

Edited by Josephgray1
Additional info
  • Like 1