Allure of the Seas itinerary change in June

Heading out on Allure in June and just received email about itinerary change. No longer going to Costa Maya but Nassau instead. 

I KNOW that itineraries and ports are subject to change and its in the cruise contract but a few questions:

1. Whats the typical reason for change in itinerary? Would this indicate a problem with Costa Maya?

2. Port fees and taxes, when itineraries change and they go to different ports with different port fees? Will it affect price of cruise? 

2 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

. Port fees and taxes, when itineraries change and they go to different ports with different port fees? Will it affect price of cruise? 

No affect on price - you might get OBC if the overall new port costs less than what you paid. 

I got the same email for the June 19th sailing. I’m disappointed, was looking forward to my Mayan Healing Ritual in Costa Maya. I’ve been to Nassau several times already and am never really impressed. I wish we could have gone to Roatan instead!

57 minutes ago, SandyBottom61 said:

I got the same email for the June 19th sailing. I’m disappointed, was looking forward to my Mayan Healing Ritual in Costa Maya. I’ve been to Nassau several times already and am never really impressed. I wish we could have gone to Roatan instead!

Also disappointed...was looking forward to the itinerary as it was...not really happy with what ist is now...just hope royal "honors" my cruise planner purchases for Coco Cay..I got some great deals on cyber Monday .

We are also sailing in Allure of the sea on June 19th. I just got an email that they will replace the costa maya to Nassau. I have been both of these island couple times so this time we will be ok. Our kids loves Nassau. but they also change the date on Cozumel. I booked private excursion in Cozumel so I will need to follow up with the private excursion operator and asked him to move our dates.

We are cruising (at-least twice a year ) from last 15 years and there was rarely itinerary changes before Covid(I never had any time before covid)  but after COVID We have booked 3 cruise so far and all three of them have itinerary changes after final payment. This is really irritating because we can’t cancel or change the booking after final payment. I understand things are harder for cruise companies to plan and foresee the issue but they should be able to do something better than this. I feel for the people who picked the ship/cruise company based on itinerary and they get notification of change after final payment. I hope this is temporary and things get stable like past as time progress.

10 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Also disappointed...was looking forward to the itinerary as it was...not really happy with what ist is now...just hope royal "honors" my cruise planner purchases for Coco Cay..I got some great deals on cyber Monday .

Since they didn’t dropped the cococay but changed the dates, I hope they honors the current cococay booking. We also got the great cabana and waterpark deal on last Black Friday and hoping RC honors the same deal. I would be really pissed if they cancel and ask me to rebook.😡

Edited by desidude007

The email claims they will just transfer the RCCL booked Coco Cay and Cozumel excursions to the new day but I’m taking screenshots of everything just in case they mess something up! I got a great deal on Thrill Park tickets so I’ll be mad if they don’t honor that.

Waiting to see if there are any excursions in Nassau worth taking or if I just stay on the ship.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, desidude007 said:

Since they didn’t dropped the cococay but changed the dates, I hope they honors the current cococay booking. We also got the great cabana and waterpark deal on last Black Friday and hoping RC honors the same deal. I would be really pissed if they cancel and ask me to rebook.😡

I hope they will honor as well. I know cruise mapper isnt always reliable but it does show the Independence at Coco Cay as well that day. Provided that they were always scheduled to go there then their passengers have already booked activities for Coco Cay. But there is only a finite number of cabanas and if Indy guests already booked all or most of them, there may be slim pickings for Allure folks OR a limited inventory. So how will Royal handle say if, i am just throwing out hypothetical numbers because I dont know total cabana numbers, 30 out of the total 40 cabanas have been booked by indy guests and they are 25 Allure guests with Cabana reservations then who loses out? You would have 10 cabanas in inventory for 25 Allure passengers. 

Seems like if that kind of scenario plays out they would just cancel all Allure cabanas and then have guests rebook 

5 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

what happens to the port fees after you set sail and a port gets switched or cancelled altogether and you get another sea day?

Same answer as above - if the overall fees at that time are lower, you'll get OBC for the diff.

Just now, Illbcruzn4life said:

I was just asking as #firefly said they missed a port and received nothing on a recent cruise, if my memory recalls correctly.

That can very well happen - even if you miss a port, if the overall port fees (for all stops) at that time are the same or higher than when you bought, you get nothing back.