Does the advice of Newbies hold water?

dmarch@islc.net

If a newbie post a single rant about how awful their cruise was and the reasons seem unbelievable or rediculous then I don't take it very seriously.

OTH, if a newbie comes on because they just found the sight and posts a thoughtful review, then I find their input just as valid as someone who has 15K plus posts.

I'd agree 100%, but then again, I'm not here (am I?)

A personal choice of saying (posting) what you want is an American Freedom ..especially today I sure hope everyone remembers what happened in New York City on the first attack of the World Trade Center.

God rest there souls.

Although the majority of posters here are from America, I think we're all technically in cyberspace rather than in the US.:) Here's to freedom of speech wherever we find it!

Lisa

I'm starting to think that with all the madness on the boards as of late that unless you have say 1,000 posts, you can't be trusted. Do you feel me?

I think you need to have at least 2,500 current posts to be trusted or more than 8,000 including those lost when the board was revamped.....:eek:

I think you need at least 4300 posts to be really worthy of any kudos and even then there are some exceptions;)

Phil

Phil, I always enjoy your posts...well thought out, gracious and tactful. Not to mention on-point and informative. Always look forward to your comments, and can't say that about everyone here!

Oh, wait.....I'm a Newbie, so my opinion can't be trusted!!:D

Peggy

Betty, Welcome to the X board and ask away! There are some who spend a lot more time here than others and things do get lost in all the new posts daily or in the midst of hijacked posts which can be intimidating for newbies. Just keep asking and you'll get your answers! This really is a great group of people including some slightly off centered and you'll love them once you get to know them. If I see you, I will try to answer if I can along with many others who may have more knowledge.

dmarch, Congrats! I'm sure you would have hit it long before now if we hadn't lost the old boards.

Hey, fellow Wisconsinite! (After 28 years here I feel that I've become a "naturalized" Wisconsinite. I grew up in California...beautiful place but weird. I had tanning as a class my senior year in gym. :D)

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner but I just figured out how to find this thread again. The information learned on these boards is fabulous! And I'm finding that more and more folks are answering my questions. My only problem now is that I keep losing threads and have a hard time tracking them down. I think I'm getting the hang of the search tools though. Thanks for the encouragement...I'll keep reading and asking!

Betty, We have lived here 32 years (crossed the IL border) and dh still says he is from Chicago. That tanning class will come in handy when taking a Jan/Feb cruise! One easy trick to finding posts. Go up to your name, or anyones on the left side of their post and right click then view all threads by user. Persistence pays off so keep asking and have fun!.

I'm starting to think that with all the madness on the boards as of late that unless you have say 1,000 posts, you can't be trusted. Do you feel me?

I look for many posters that agree on a point for verification of info. 1 or 1k, collaboration is the strength of being a member of CC.

Archived