New to Celebrity … upgrade question

Lovely other

Hi 

I’m a long time Holland America cruiser jumping ship to Celebrity Beyond this month. 

I booked a deck 3 ocean view as at the time it was the only availability within my budget. However I’ve now had second thoughts and decided to enquire about upgrading today. 

I may be getting myself confused … I had jaw surgery this week and the pain meds are muddling my brain … but is the price quoted for an upgrade on top of the price paid? I was quoted £3k to move to a porthole balcony. The lady I spoke to was in America and we were struggling a bit with communication as my speech is difficult right now. With Holland I was always just given a per day price on just the upgrade bit but now I’m confused … not hard are the moment 😜 

Can anyone advise or even just reassure me deck 3 will be fine … ?? 

The price to upgrade is the difference between what you paid  and the current price of the cabin you want to move to..  They will often say the new total price, rather than just the extra to upgrade.  Can you check the prices on-line yourself, that would give you a idea of whether the amount she quoted was the additional cost or the new total price.

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

The price to upgrade is the difference between what you paid  and the current price of the cabin you want to move to..  They will often say the new total price, rather than just the extra to upgrade.  Can you check the prices on-line yourself, that would give you a idea of whether the amount she quoted was the additional cost or the new total price.

Thank you for replying … I thought I was going a bit mad there and hearing things. I shall call them back to tomorrow and try again. Of course I’m blaming the pain meds but it might just me being me 😆

1 hour ago, Lovely other said:

I’ve tried that but it keeps saying there is an error … ship sails in 16 days so maybe too late 🤔

Yes, it is too late...

Last resort is to ask upon boarding at Guest Services if there are any cabins at the level you desire and the cost to upgrade there...

bon voyage