Bermuda beach info..

csoud68

I loved the beach we went to in Bermuda last time but it just had bathrooms. 

There was no place to eat or drink. Are there beaches that have access to a tiki bar or just basic food and drink?

Any recommendations would be appreciated..

2 hours ago, csoud68 said:

There was no place to eat or drink. Are there beaches that have access to a tiki bar or just basic food and drink?

In the past there have been concessions at Horseshoe Bay. and Tobacco Bay. The Horseshoe Bay concession was taken over by a new group that proposed a major renovation of the facilities, but those plans were not accepted by the government and there's been no indication yet of what will be available this year but presumably they could still operate the existing facility. 

In a few weeks when beach season starts there should be a better idea of what will be in operation .

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Clearwater Beach in 2015 and they had Gombey's beach bar with bathrooms. Although that was years ago, I am hoping this will open by the time we arrive in July. Although this is a manmade beach it was still beautiful.

https://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/news/article/20220302/new-clearwater-beach-restaurant-to-open-next-month/

On 4/11/2022 at 11:52 AM, csoud68 said:

Love the ferry ride to other side of island and walk over hill to tobacco bay beach 🏖 excellent snorkeling 🤿 from shore. Little restaurant there. Stop by Bermuda perfume factory on way, excellent day!
But if short day walk to snorkel park beach like $5.00 to get in, food and drinks snorkeling from shore too! Late night parties with dj occasionally too!

• 2 months later...
On 4/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, sauvichick said:

I went to Clearwater Beach in 2015 and they had Gombey's beach bar with bathrooms. Although that was years ago, I am hoping this will open by the time we arrive in July. Although this is a manmade beach it was still beautiful.

https://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/news/article/20220302/new-clearwater-beach-restaurant-to-open-next-month/

Did you take a taxi to clearwater beach.  How expensive was the ride.

We just returned from Bermuda yesterday (July 3).  We were at Horseshoe Bay on Wed and there were a lot of Portugese Man of War. Several swimmers were stung. The beach was closed on Thursday because of this. 

We used the shuttle at the dock to get to Horseshoe, cost $7.00  each way. They drop you off at the beach and not at the top of the hill as the public buses do. There was a short wait to return as they waited for the shuttle to fill, but the wait was only 10 min. Not a big issue for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcarbone2001 said:

Does anyone know if the beaches get less crowed in the afternoon.  I know the morning is crazy

It is less crowded in the morning. They start out empty. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Haha 1

Horseshoe Bay at 10:45 am. There are a lot of people but they are mostly on the west end by the facilities.  It seems like most people like crowds cause they always seem to stick together when they could walk to the other end. Or maybe they want to be close to the food and toilets?

AF2901B9-A4CC-46B9-91F4-76CD1993CE19.jpeg