Renting Casita's on Oasis of the Seas

Saw some reviews that these might not offer much shade depending on the ships position and time of day. They are pretty much open on all 4 sides so the sun coming in at an angle is pretty much a given .And like mentioned above these were free last year and now cost money to rent.

7 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Here is a casita on Oasis. Plenty of space, varying amount of shade, and zero privacy as people walk by. It's not like a cabana at Coco Cay.

OasisCasita.JPG

How old is that picture? I’m wondering why there’s no furniture in it?

They were free to try and get like any other lounger but what they charge for now is that you have to exclusively reserved for the day. You don’t have to get up early to reserve, you don’t have to worry about leaving it for more than 30 minutes and you don’t have to worry that someone is going to move your stuff while you’re in the bathroom and take your spot.

We rented a cabana on an NCL ship for the week and it was the best thing I ever spent money on on a ship. If you spend all your time out on deck it’s a great addition.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:
11 hours ago, SG65CB said:

How old is that picture? I’m wondering why there’s no furniture in it?

It's a recent picture, this year. 

They put deck chairs in when you rent it. They're stacked up nearby. Probably to deter non-renters from using it, although there is a rope across the front with a "reserved" sign, which you can't see in this photo. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2022 at 7:14 PM, kruzerci said:

They can use it. If you can justify paying $300 for something that was free last year, go for it. I’d rather find shade elsewhere for free. 

Actually it is $168 for our cruise and you have it the entire day. I don't know if it was ever free. I haven't cruised in 4 years 🙂