Getaway Million Dollar Quartet

cooncat_mom

We were on the 4/3 sailing of the Getaway (and survived the embarkation - that was a little rough!) and I got sent an NCL survey. I’d like to mention the Million Dollar Quartet (loved it! The best cruise show I’ve seen…and I remember all those songs…😳) and was wondering if anyone knew their names. I caught a couple during the Broadway show but they kind of flew out of my head. I remember reading they’re a new cast for Getaway. Anyone know?  Thanks - and I hope you enjoyed the cruise - SO good to be back!

Edited by cooncat_mom
Spelling
  • Like 1

We were also on the 4/3 sailing, and agree, Million Dollar Quartet was great, as was Burn the Floor, if nothing else, NCL knows entertainment.....gotta mention Syd Normans Pour House, pretty good band, needs a bigger venue. A couple of the other shows / games weren't bad either....WOO HOO !

• Like 3

We're on the 3/28 Getaway sailing and learned, in talking with the junior officer, that the MDQ cast just boarded the ship that Sunday in NY and were busy rehearsing during the week - with only 2 performances on Friday evening, whereas Burn The Floor was repeated on different days.  Excellent performance, we sat toward the back with the music being a bit too loud for us.  I don't recall seeing the cast names listed or announced somewhere (well, maybe posted somewhere near the Getaway Theater entry/hallways or corridors.  Maybe, other CC'er on an upcoming GA sailing can try to look it up to post here (although, not much "news" lately with the ship) ... and, she & the crew are ready to sail across on her T/A for a short Euro repo.  

We saw MDQ years ago in Chicago before it went to Broadway and then again on Broadway. The cast we saw on the Getaway this February was just as good ( and the Jerry Lee Lewis won the Tony!). They were fun to see again when they did their own take on Broadway songs another night. I wish that I had written down their names too.