Kettle in Cabin

BBUK

No kettles or coffee machines in the rooms, not even the large suites. The other alternative to room service is they do have a Bunn hot water machine set up at the near end of Windows buffet that's available 24 his with all sorts of teas. I've used it middle of the night. They leave it with a night light on there. 

Phil 

• Like 1

That’s the only disappointing thing about Azamara. We order morning tea every day, using the breakfast cards in your room (tick off what you want & put the on the outside door handle of your cabin at bedtime), but it’s not quite the same as making a cup yourself as soon as you wake up.

As Phil says you can go to Windows on Deck 9 anytime & help yourself and the water in the machine is good and hot.

If you like your tea strong, take your own tea bags. We take Yorkshire tea bags (tea in your room comes as a jug of hot water plus tea bags - an assorted lot if you don’t specify) as the brand Azamara uses (Liptons/Twinings etc) doesn’t make a strong enough cup for us. 

• Like 3

I’ve got a chill/hot drinking bottle so could use it to get hot water last thing at night. I know water stays very hot in it for 12 hours. Coffee bags would then work for me as I’m a black coffee person. We’ve said we are bringing them next cruise having really enjoyed a Nespresso machine in our room in Viking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I’ve got a chill/hot drinking bottle so could use it to get hot water last thing at night. I know water stays very hot in it for 12 hours. Coffee bags would then work for me as I’m a black coffee person. We’ve said we are bringing them next cruise having really enjoyed a Nespresso machine in our room in Viking 

That's a great idea. I have one of those and will bring it next time. The Bunn machine is great for tea because the water is so hot. They'll bring a carafe of hot or cold water if you request it, but my experience of them is that a lot smell of coffee that's been in there before and it's not steaming hot for a cuppa. 

Phil 

• Like 3