First Post Covid Cruise.

Reina del Mar

Our first post Covid cruise and I am noticing just how downright rude some passengers are towards crew members. I have heard some people snarl and bark their demands..such as ‘Hot Dog!’ Today at the Salty Dog Grill.same pax pushing in, in front of fellow guests. Have heard it from folks whose accents show they are from both sides of the ‘Pond’

I really see no reason for this and cannot accept that the hard working staff should have to put up with this type of treatment. Yes, they want jobs, but no they should not have to accept this abuse!  Good manners cost nothing and it says more about the vicious toned individuals than it does about the staff. I have heard a little of this pre Covid, but it seems that more people have forgotten how to behave recently.

Whilst I rant, I have also heard and seen ‘section heads’ speaking to crew in nasty tones and berating them whilst they go about their work, diligently.

What is the matter with some people ??????

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I could not agree with you more. Most of these employees work long hours, on their feet for many hours at a time, all the while, trying to please everyone they come in contact with. Most of us would certainly not do their job for what they make. I agree with you when you say "what is the matter with some people". Kindness goes a long way during these trying times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

There are staff shortages, which shouldn't be a surprise. Lower your onboard expectations and be courteous to the crew as they are working hard to provide the best service possible. Rudeness doesn't cut it.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Our first post Covid cruise and I am noticing just how downright rude some passengers are towards crew members. I have heard some people snarl and bark their demands..such as ‘Hot Dog!’ Today at the Salty Dog Grill.same pax pushing in, in front of fellow guests. Have heard it from folks whose accents show they are from both sides of the ‘Pond’

I really see no reason for this and cannot accept that the hard working staff should have to put up with this type of treatment. Yes, they want jobs, but no they should not have to accept this abuse!  Good manners cost nothing and it says more about the vicious toned individuals than it does about the staff. I have heard a little of this pre Covid, but it seems that more people have forgotten how to behave recently.

Whilst I rant, I have also heard and seen ‘section heads’ speaking to crew in nasty tones and berating them whilst they go about their work, diligently.

What is the matter with some people ??????

It's the day and age we live in, civility is becoming a thing of the past.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I've seen a few rude passengers but never seen a crew member of any rank berating another member of the crew. That would really boggle my mind.

Have seen it just once pre Covid and reported the individual in question.

Today I have seen it happen twice…fingers wagging all over the place !

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I've seen a few rude passengers but never seen a crew member of any rank berating another member of the crew. That would really boggle my mind.

Well, it happened on the Discovery. A supervisor yelling at a crew members in the buffet, loud enough for passengers to notice.Week two of our cruise.(April 3rd cruise)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Well, it happened on the Discovery. A supervisor yelling at a crew members in the buffet, loud enough for passengers to notice.Week two of our cruise.(April 3rd cruise)

I wasn't doubting your veracity. I was just saying I've never seen it and find it amazing that it should happen. That is not at all professional and not in keeping with the "Consummate Host" image Princess purports to project. It's pretty sad.

I once had to reprimand a person who was under my authority. I took him out back - away from the work area where nobody else could hear - and calmly told him he was screwing up his job, my job, and the job of his coworkers. I told him he had 15 minutes to be the best person on my crew or he was fired. I never raised my voice or acted in a physically threatening manner. We went back to work and he kicked butt at his job. There is no need to be a jerk about something of that sort. If one feels that to be necessary then he/she is in the wrong job and shouldn't be in a supervisory capacity.

• Like 2