Breakaway restaurant prices

PatandStu

I mistakenly thought our specialty meal package would include 3 restaurants as in previous years. Now I notice on my reservation there are only 2. 
To buy 2 more would be $89 CAD per person. (There is no option for one more)
We had hoped to go to Cagney’s, Bistro & Ocean Blue. 
Does anyone, by chance, have current menus showing pricing so we can decide whether or not to splurge & go up to 4 or stick with 2 & decide once on board whether to pay a la carte for a third. 
We have previously tried Teppanaki, Moderna & Cuccina, they weren’t our preferred. 

Edited by PatandStu

Specialty Dining prices for Le Bistro, Cagney's for a typical 4 or 5 course meal, ordered a la carte will easily come to $100 USD per person, depending on your choice of entrees.  Ocean Blue prices are even higher for the fancier, high-end entrees ... 

For our upcoming cruise, the option to add 2 more as "Specialty Dining Plus" - within guidelines/restrictions & up-charge on some items, etc.) is $70.80 USD per person (including 20 service charge) - which isn't too bad.  Quality and worthiness of the dining products, however, are subjective & highly personal but I agree that Teppanyaki - for us - isn't a good "buy" at $49 p/p.  

Having been on the BA just a few times over the years, I don't feel that there are other specialty restaurants onboard that'll "meet or exceed" your expectations to pay extras for ... my personal opinions only, of course.  But, if you wish to eat 2 extras SD meal for an upcharge ... do this ahead & take advantage of the "savings" - Cagney's is worth the $$$ but Le Bistro, has fallen off our short list with the newest menu choices, not a good one for us.  

Whatever you've decided, happy cruising ! 

26 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Specialty Dining prices for Le Bistro, Cagney's for a typical 4 or 5 course meal, ordered a la carte will easily come to $100 USD per person, depending on your choice of entrees. 

WOW!  Is a four or five course meal really typical for most people?  We usually have three courses, appetizer or salad, main, and dessert.  Sometimes just two, rarely four.  I've never had a five course meal on any ship and don't recall ever seeing another passenger having one.  Am I just missing out?

@The Traveling Man - it is not difficult to eat a 4 course meal onboard, given the petite size of the average portion sizes served in the dining room lately:

1. Starter - a salad

2. Starter - a soup (skipping the bread & butter)

3. Starter - an appetizer

4. Entree -  meat or fish, plus a side (or two sides)

5. Dessert - fruit plate, cake, ice cream (with or without coffee)

Even if one is to choose a single starter, you can still easily order a dinner with 4 course ... salad and/or soup ($8 to $20) entree ($25 to $40, especially in Le Bistro or Cagney ... 8 oz. filet mignon was $40) and dessert ($7 to $10) - subtotal "tab" easily add up to $45 to $55 plus 20% service charge ... that's your $60 per person specialty meal each, if priced individually)  Wait, the sides are priced individually too & not added, selection of sauce for the steak is another $3 ...   Wow, I agree. 

9 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

@The Traveling Man - it is not difficult to eat a 4 course meal onboard, given the petite size of the average portion sizes served in the dining room lately:

1. Starter - a salad

2. Starter - a soup (skipping the bread & butter)

3. Starter - an appetizer

4. Entree -  meat or fish, plus a side (or two sides)

5. Dessert - fruit plate, cake, ice cream (with or without coffee)

Even if one is to choose a single starter, you can still easily order a dinner with 4 course ... salad and/or soup ($8 to $20) entree ($25 to $40, especially in Le Bistro or Cagney ... 8 oz. filet mignon was $40) and dessert ($7 to $10) - subtotal "tab" easily add up to $45 to $55 plus 20% service charge ... that's your $60 per person specialty meal each, if priced individually)  Wait, the sides are priced individually too & not added, selection of sauce for the steak is another $3 ...   Wow, I agree. 

Yes, I can see how it is possible, but it just seems like a lot of food.  We occasionally have enjoyed a soup and salad with a main course, or an appetizer and salad with a main, but when we do we often will skip dessert.  We sometimes order antipasti, primi, secondi, and dolci in La Cucina, but that's a rare stretch for us.  About half of our specialty dining is covered by Latitudes rewards coupons, which specify a maximum of three courses, one app, one main, and one dessert.  I guess we just have gotten into the habit of having three courses, even when the Free at Sea program allows more.

Edited by The Traveling Man